No announcement yet.

SimCity... the end is near

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess you don't know some of the women I do, then, if you think being a woman means you make a game less aggressive

Perhaps some of the folks here have yet to MEET a real woman
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• i.e one that doesn't play the Sims.

Comment

• a serious hype article in GFW mag....the mag had way more pics and story.

We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• Honestly, what the hell are they thinking?

Every screenshot they post is worse than the last.

Women developing video games

This woman
          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• Love the floating vehicles and "sims", I also keep seeing the stupid semaphores.
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• We should get anouther SimCity4 game going. I need to drive this abomination out of my head.
              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• The "hype" article was quite favorable.

This is what I got out of it.

They are dumping water and power lines (really good if you ask me). And adding a bunch of strange "sim-like" stuff for the people of the city to do. They are adding a bunch of touch-feely type of stuff, but you should be able to ignore it all and build the skyscraper jungle of yore.

Edit: Plus it is supposed to be highly modable.
                We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• Power lines were already sufficiently abstracted (within zones). It would feel really weird to just place a power plant and not have to connect it to anything.

Comment

• But you can build a power plant and not connect it to anything in SC4. (and still supply power to an entire city)

Comment

• Originally posted by Patroklos
                      We should get anouther SimCity4 game going. I need to drive this abomination out of my head.
                      SC4 was soulless, bad, lame

Comment

• Originally posted by John-SJ
                        But you can build a power plant and not connect it to anything in SC4. (and still supply power to an entire city)
                        No you can't. You either have to put it next to a zone/building (implicitly connecting it) or build power lines from it to a zone/building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy
                          They are dumping water and power lines (really good if you ask me).
                          A lot of SimCity fans are complaining about this, I wouldn't miss it though. Sure it would feel weird the first few times, but IMHO manually putting down water lines didn't really add anything

This is one of the few changes I like about this game

Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy
                          Plus it is supposed to be highly modable.
                          I sure hope so
                          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

• These days, any game that ISN'T "highly modable" isn't worth anyone's time or money. As games grow more complex and pressures build to get them out sooner, there's less time for quality assurance and balancing. Being able to mod games is one of the best things to have happened to computer gaming since its inception. Hard-coding an entire game is foolish and a waste.
                            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patroklos
                              We should get anouther SimCity4 game going. I need to drive this abomination out of my head.
                              I'm in if there's another 4 or 5 players.
                              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Who ran the last series of games, one of the snoopys right?

Comment

Working...
                                X