SimCity... the end is near

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, Civ4's graphics really ruin it.
    As far as 3D graphics go, they are piggish ****. Rebellion quality, really.
    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

I don't really agree, but it's beside the point unless you can construct an argument as to how the graphics disrupt the gameplay. Otherwise the transition to 3D is just an aesthetic point rather than something that has 'sacrificed the game' for the sake of going 3D.

Comment

It looks hideous esp. in modern ages. It's one of the reasons I don't really play Civ much.

Gamer.hr je bio prvi domaći portal za videoigre. Pokrenut je davne 2000. godine od strane čovjeka koji je igrom slučaja postao gamer. Sudbina je htjela ... Pročitaj više

Ew.

Comment

Then perhaps you should stick to prettier, simpler games.

Comment

Complexity has nothing to do with it. I like games that don't look atrocious.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
              As far as 3D graphics go, they are piggish ****. Rebellion quality, really.
              That's an absurd assertion.

Comment

Graphics are important. I don't know why I must stress this factor so many times.

Try playing a game in braille.

And Wiglaf, I agree that Civ4's graphics are not up to par. It's also one of the reasons I don't play the game.

Sometimes I like to see what I have created to actually look big, nice, orderly and powerful. I'm sure many others feel the same. Civ4 cannot pull this off. AoK did, Settlers II did, Civ2 and Civ3 kind of do.
                be free

Comment

Civ4 would look a lot better if you removed all the modern city and improvement graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
                    Graphics are important. I don't know why I must stress this factor so many times.

Try playing a game in braille.

And Wiglaf, I agree that Civ4's graphics are not up to par. It's also one of the reasons I don't play the game.
                    Graphics are important to an extent, but less for TBS. Your braille comment is a bit silly - the graphics could perhaps be improved but they are perfectly playable. Civ4 is probably the greatest TBS ever, and I pity those missing out because of superficial reasons.

Comment

• I'm fine with Civ4's graphics. They are not great, but sufficiently pretty and that is all what's necessary for a TBS. The only hideous thing are the roads and railroads. Who designed them, should be sacked.

Comment

• My standards are higher.
                        be free

Comment

• Sure, I used your graphics mods in Civ3. If only somebody with your talent could remake the roads in Civ4...

Comment

• 20 new screenshots at Gamespot:

GameSpot is the world's largest source for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita, Wii PC, 3DS, PSP, DS, video game news, reviews, previews, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.

Nothing that makes me change my opinion on the game though
                            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

• The reason to play Sim City is to have the feeling you're controlling a city. Realism is therefore essential to the experience.
                              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• And I actually think the screenies look good from a goofy-sim point of view. Trouble is I don't want Sim City to be goofy.

Last edited by Colon™; June 17, 2007, 13:56.
                                DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Working...
                                X