Bleak future indeed for TBS games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bleak future indeed for TBS games

So....in recent months, we have had Warlords. We have had GalCiv II: Dark Avatar. We have had SE V (which was a huge disappointment).

We havs BtS to look forward to, I guess, but beyond that.....what?

I was kinda rummaging around the 'net today, and I found NOTHING

Is there nothing in store for TBS fans?

Asmodean
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

When I think about it, the only TBS games I have really enjoyed (apart from Master of Orion II) have all been made by Sid Meier. So as long as Sid and Firaxis keep going, I'll be happy.

I just hope Sid and co. tackle a galaxy colonisation game to fill the void MoOIII made. Then I won't need to buy another game, ever.
    Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Good TBS doesn't come out very often. With me even Galciv doesn't have much staying power, so I'm stuck with the long wait between civ versions...

Comment

You really should try GalCiv II
        Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

I have it.

Comment

Asmodean, you're such a drama queen.

On average, at least one or two TBS games come out each year. That should be more than enough. These games have a huge replayability factor.

Besides the Civ 4 expansion, I'm sure there's another Total War game coming. They're half TBS. And EU 3 just came out. I know its actually an RTS, but the gameplay is that of a TBS.
            Last edited by Nostromo; April 27, 2007, 11:45.
            Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

You didn't count the Chess game that comes with Vista.
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Is it decent?
                Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

It's, well, chess.

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo
                    Asmodean, you're such a drama queen.
                    Okay...maybe I did overdo it a bit....noone has been able to present anything new in this thread - and that was partly what I was fishing for. If anyone knew about an upcoming game, that I hadn't heard of

Asmodean

Comment

It's, well, chess.
                      Yes, I figured that out from LordShiva's post. But how's the AI?
                      Last edited by Nostromo; April 27, 2007, 12:32.

Comment

By all accounts its ELO is pretty poor. But it looks really pretty.

Comment

Get Dominions 3.

Comment

The battles in Dominions 3 look like they are real time though. Is that true, Sandman?

Asmodean

Comment

No, they're scripted. The closest thing is the battles in Stars!

Comment

Working...
                              X