things that don't make sense in gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• things that don't make sense in gaming

1) Nintendo has not come out with a Pokemon MMO. It would be like printing money.

2) Blizzard hasn't come out with any sort of sequel to Starcraft.

Continue.

I thought you were going to point out there are no bathrooms in almost every computer game. Does no one take a ****, or what?

I am surprised they haven't made a starcraft sequal. You had Koreans killing themselves over this game. I have never played it myself. I don't care for rts games.

pokeman mmo. You can't have mmo's on consoles, right? They aren't willing to test the market and see if kids will play PC's. And the kids would have to get their parents to sign up with their credit cards. Guess they don't want to take the risk. Wich other mmo's most of the players are 18 or over.

Comment

Let's see what Blizzard has to announce at their little convention this summer...regarding Starcraft.

3) The hasn't been a sequel to SMAC yet.
      Last edited by vee4473; April 22, 2007, 17:49.
      While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

I don't understand why so many people enjoy playing WoW. I mean, I don't see what's so fun about it. It has its moments, but overall, its fairly boring, IMO. On this, I agree with Warren Spector:

Gamasutra: You've been a long time proponent of single player roleplaying experiences, what do you think of MMOs?

WS: Honestly, I don't much care for them. If I'm going to have a social experience, I'd rather have it in person. I feel like a blind, deaf and dumb person watching a movie while I'm playing an MMO because the social experience is really shallow. Again, this is one of the things I'll end up talking about at the GDC, but I'm, perhaps to a fault, a story person. I really need narrative. The level of narrative that people have been able to achieve in MMOs has been so shallow. I'm one of those people who doesn't find anything interesting at all in leveling up, finding a +3 sword or paper-dolling a character with a purple cloak. That doesn't appeal to me in any way as a human being. Put that all together and the play experience of MMOs is on par with roleplaying back in ‘87. In all fairness, my wife is a World of Warcraft addict.
        Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Why aren't there better Harry Potter games? I'd kill to see Bioware given a shot at it... think KOTOR, but in the HP universe.

Comment

yeah I get tired of chat speak in world of warcraft. I could play on a role playing server. But I hate role playing all the time. . I just like somewhere in between.

Comment

3) The hasn't been a sequel to SMAC yet.
              It didn't sell very well, IIRC.
              Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

they made money, but I don't think it was a breakout hit.

It's more of a cult hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
                  Why aren't there better Harry Potter games? I'd kill to see Bioware given a shot at it... think KOTOR, but in the HP universe.
                  the wii controls should be interesting if done well...

Comment

What really doesn't make sense is that David Braben fell all silent about Elite 4. We are waiting over 10 years now :doitnow:
                    Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                    And notifying the next of kin
                    Once again...

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                      pokeman mmo. You can't have mmo's on consoles, right? They aren't willing to test the market and see if kids will play PC's. And the kids would have to get their parents to sign up with their credit cards. Guess they don't want to take the risk. Wich other mmo's most of the players are 18 or over.
                      Wasn't Final Fantasy XI also released for the console?

Also, with the DS's wifi capabilities Pokemon: Diamond and Pearl will allow people to battle and trade pokemon from just about anywhere. However, a true mmo for Pokemon would be a cool idea.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel

the wii controls should be interesting if done well...
                        I posted a short blip in some thread about the latest HP game coming out on the Wii. We can only hope they'll put some real effort into it.

Comment

Regarding WoW: I don't play it for the social reasons, I play it because I like to see the different kind of lands and beasts I come upon. I am that sort of person, I like to explore and discover and of course learn.

However, the social aspects of the game are not as small as that guy is making it out to be, I have met a few people online and had a good chat with them while doing missions (mainly with girls). It's just added flavour to me.

As for the topic: I still don't see what is so utterly fantastic about CounterStrike, that people are behaving like lunatics over it. It's bad here in Singapore Lan Party's, I can't imagine what its like in Korea, Japan and the US!
                          be free

Comment

There are good reasons a sequel to SC hasn't come out. I suspect something will be announced soon in the same universe though (perhaps an RTS, perhaps not).

Comment

There are good reasons a sequel to SC hasn't come out.

Elaborate.

Comment

Working...
                              X