No announcement yet.

things that don't make sense in gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been searching everywhere for Halo 2 lately. It made it to the classic status, and should be as ubiquitous as all of the other popular xbox games which are still available in stores.

Just yesterday I went to one computer store after another and couldn't find Halo 2 anywhere.

It didn't make any sense...

Until I remembered that Halo 2 will soon be available on PC but exclusively for Vista.

So it looks like in my city at least, Halo 2 has been discontinued and probably pulled from shelves to entice people like me wanting to play Halo 2 to buy Vista.
    Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Thats another thing that doesn't make sense in gaming: Halo.

It's just another FPS, I don't see what's so fascinating about it that people go crazy over it.
      be free

Comment

Its one of the better FPS out there, IMO. Doom 3 was just another FPS, but Halo is a little more special, IMO.

But that, in itself, doesn't explain why it became so popular. Marketing probably helped a lot.
        Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Halo is pretty different from the bajillion PC stock FPS's.

Comment

Originally posted by Bkeela
            I've been searching everywhere for Halo 2 lately. It made it to the classic status, and should be as ubiquitous as all of the other popular xbox games which are still available in stores.

Just yesterday I went to one computer store after another and couldn't find Halo 2 anywhere.

It didn't make any sense...

Until I remembered that Halo 2 will soon be available on PC but exclusively for Vista.

So it looks like in my city at least, Halo 2 has been discontinued and probably pulled from shelves to entice people like me wanting to play Halo 2 to buy Vista.
            That doesn't make sense, IMO. Sales are probably still strong enough to make that a bad business decision. You're probably just unlucky.

Comment

I am interested in the Shadowrun FPS, but sort of feel like I shouldn't be playing games much period.

Jon Miller
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                There's less balance between civs (obviously) but more balance between strategies.
                But couldnt they have achieved the greater balance between strategies WITHOUT introducing unique civs?
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

But Civ IV wouldn't be that great as it is, if the civs weren't unique
                  This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
                    Thats another thing that doesn't make sense in gaming: Halo.

It's just another FPS, I don't see what's so fascinating about it that people go crazy over it.
                    Its rep is deserved. It is great fun throughout, with varied levels and good AI, especially on higher difficulties.

Comment

That doesn't make sense, IMO. Sales are probably still strong enough to make that a bad business decision. You're probably just unlucky.
                      I just visited an EB Store, and they confirmed that there are no new copies of Halo 2 anywhere in my city.

There are none available in any online Australian stores.

Meanwhile there are hundreds of copies of Hitman 2, Doom 3, and any other popular Xbox game you care to name.

Doesn't make sense unless Microsoft produced less copies of Halo 2 than other popular titles, or unless they have asked stores to pull Halo 2 from shelves to make way for the Vista version of Halo 2.

The latter seems more likely to me.

Comment

I guess I'll just have to download it now

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                          But couldnt they have achieved the greater balance between strategies WITHOUT introducing unique civs?
                          Sure, but interesting gameplay > balance.

Comment

I guess I'll just have to download it now
                            If you were going to buy it, why pirate it on the PC?

Comment

If you were going to buy it, why pirate it on the PC?
                              I'm assuming it will be hacked to play on XP, otherwise I will not be upgrading to Vista for a very long time if ever.

Comment

I just visited an EB Store, and they confirmed that there are no new copies of Halo 2 anywhere in my city.

There are none available in any online Australian stores.

Meanwhile there are hundreds of copies of Hitman 2, Doom 3, and any other popular Xbox game you care to name.

Doesn't make sense unless Microsoft produced less copies of Halo 2 than other popular titles, or unless they have asked stores to pull Halo 2 from shelves to make way for the Vista version of Halo 2.

The latter seems more likely to me.
                                I bought a copy 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X