System Shock 2 question - prisms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System Shock 2 question - prisms?

I've finally gotten around to playing this classic (after some patching, texture and model mods, and finesse) and am deep in and having a grand old time. I don't have a game manual (it's a legit copy I bought 6 or 7 years ago, I just lost the manual) and have a silly question I can't find an answer for online: what are the prisms for? For the last 2 hours of gameplay I've come across bunches of prisms, in crates and cometimes on vanquished foes, and I now have over 60 of the damn things taking up a precious inventory slot but I don't know what the hell they're used for. I've tried dragging them to various other inventory items but they don't seem to do anything. So, what are they for?

Thanks!

They're ammo for one of the weapons, though I forget which. The manual can be downloaded, by the way. I think the Lower Canines has it.

Edit- Yes, I checked. According to one fan site, prisms are ammo for the Fusion Cannon or the Stasis Field Generator. And Lower Canines does have the manual for download.
    Last edited by Quillan; April 19, 2007, 16:55.
    Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

And considering those weapons are pretty useless IIRC, you better drop those prisms.

Comment

I remember reprocessing many many of those prisms and buying stuff I could actually use, like anti-personnel bullets for my rifle. Fun times.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Yeah, ditch the prisms. Great game though.

Comment

Working...
          X