• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like EA is going to make this game a money-whore
    I changed my signature

Comment

Will Spore turn out to be vaporware?
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

(Wow, red and blue text together on my Heavy-SMAC profile is trippy. The blue text seems to be imbedded.)

This is good news really. The longer games like Spore and Civ V take, the more time I have to play the backlog of games I've been meaning to play, but haven't found the time to. And the longer I have to get my money's worth out of my current computer, because I assume Spore will require the Vista direct X or at least a pretty good computer system.

GTA: Vice City has been consuming all my gaming time for the last few months. I haven't even completed Baldur's Gate - let alone even looked at Baldur's Gate 2 (which promises to be another dreadful time sink). I've still got Halo 2 to play, Jet Set Radio Future to finish, and Civ IV is a continually burning hole in my routine. Tonnes of games to play but not enough damn time!

The main reason I will probably never buy a Wii, PS3 or 360, is I could never hope to find the time to play them. Jesus, you would need to make gaming your full-time occupation to get through the best these consoles offer.
        Last edited by Bkeela; May 10, 2007, 07:02.
        Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Gamecube64
          Wow really, didn't see that coming.

Comment

Maybe publishers and developers should just stop announcing stuff all together.
            be free

Comment

And miss hyping opportunities? Don't be naive.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamecube64
                Has big plans for the property = money whore?

"we are publishing this long awaited new idea, from a major, commercially successful developer. We have fairly small plans for it - we hope to hit a hardcore niche. We're thinking of only publicizing on it on hobbyist websites, maybe only taking orders via sites that focus on indie games. After that, we're going to fly to Somalia, and spend all our time helping people use game for peaceful conflict resolution. Peace and Love, dudes"

I mean c'mon, this was EA, and it IS a big property (potentially ) what would you expect?
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

New video for DrSpike

I haven't seen everything yet, doesn't seem to show that much new stuff. The interface has been updated a bit, and you see a dancing creature... but so far nothing new

It's mostly talking
                  This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Fitting.

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
                      New video for DrSpike

I haven't seen everything yet, doesn't seem to show that much new stuff. The interface has been updated a bit, and you see a dancing creature... but so far nothing new

It's mostly talking
                      Wow! I want this game. Now.

Comment

Working...
                      X