I now think even more strongly that Spore has great potential

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nostromo
    About Spore, here's what Sid Meier learned from his game Covert Action: Jack of all trades, master of none.
    While he is right about that, this doesn't really apply to Spore as the different games will be in sequence and not like in Sids game where you play a bit of game1, shift to game2 and then back to game1 again
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Also, it's a bit of an aside but *cough* Sid Meier's Pirates! *cough*

Comment

What's wrong with pirates? It's a very fun game if you need to kill 15-20 minutes....
        just because you haven't memorized the dance moves yet...
        First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
        Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Pirates' minigames are shorter though.
          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
            They have said several times that they are not planning any Xpacks to Spore
            That would be stupid, I expect at least Spore: Warbeasts and Spore: Beyond the Claw

Comment

Clearly, not all multi-genre games suck. Some work; others, don't. Meier says that in order to work, the different games included must be well integrated. "Pirates!" worked, but "Covert Action" didn't.
              Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio

They have said several times that they are not planning any Xpacks to Spore
                They could release "expansion content" though aka oblivion. $0.99 for certain new weapons for your advanced Sporeciv or certain DNA traits.
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

The "expansion content" comes from creatures and such that other players have built.

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo
                    Clearly, not all multi-genre games suck. Some work; others, don't. Meier says that in order to work, the different games included must be well integrated. "Pirates!" worked, but "Covert Action" didn't.
                    Pirates sucked, big time.

Comment

The original Pirates! worked.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                        The "expansion content" comes from creatures and such that other players have built.
                        And some of that they'll figure out some way to charge for

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf

Pirates sucked, big time.
                          QFT.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                            The original Pirates! worked.
                            QFT.

Comment

Oh, and anyone that thinks there wont be extra attempts to extract cash from people with Spore is woefully naive.

I haven't been following the progress as closely as some here so I can only speculate, but if standard expansions have been ruled out then it will probably be something like being able to buy the ability to create pink fluffy creatures as before, but now with yellow polka dots!!

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                                Oh, and anyone that thinks there wont be extra attempts to extract cash from people with Spore is woefully naive.

I haven't been following the progress as closely as some here so I can only speculate, but if standard expansions have been ruled out then it will probably be something like being able to buy the ability to create pink fluffy creatures as before, but now with yellow polka dots!!
                                Yup...EA have shown themselves quite good at money making schemes like that

Asmodean
                                Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Working...
                                X