Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what's the status of Neverwinter nights 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what's the status of Neverwinter nights 2?

Is it playable? Have they ironed out the bugs/performance/UI issues? Are there any interesting modules out there? What about that "Planescape" module?
    Last edited by Nostromo; March 16, 2007, 19:52.
    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

hmm, I kind of forgot about this game. I only played it for a couple hours.

I'd like to think the game is smoother now. I might start back up again.

Comment

Dunno, forgot all about it. Might load up the latest patches and have a look now though.
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I was following it on forums for a while - they did release 3 or 4 patches and fixed up the worst bugs. Last time I checked people were still complaining about the control interface though.

Comment

Have patched it up recently just to keep up, but didn't play for 3 months. Waiting for decent modules or PWs.

Comment

I still haven't bought a new PC so I still haven't played it. Still playing Folderol now and again, as a PC and DM, and am modding the forums, but recently my time has been taken up with a far more beautiful alternative to my accountancy study than NWN.

Comment

Sounds juicy, tell more.

Comment

I've started to play NWN. The Shadows of Undrentide campaign. Can't say its great so far. I tolerate the graphics, but I dislike the UI. I thoroughly hate the fact that you can't control your henchmen. What a poor design decision! Can't say its boring, can't say its fun either. I'm now in the kobold underground lair and just discovered that a dragon is pulling the strings. Lets just hope things will pick up.
                Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

That's the best one, so maybe NWN is not your thing. It is pretty dated now - games like KotOR have spoiled us a bit.

Comment

I think HotU is better than SoU, but SoU is still miles better than the OC of original NWN.

You can give your henchmen commands, like stand ground, follow, attack and protect. If you hotkey them (they're always at F9..12 for me), you can work with them pretty smootly. Additionally you can change some settings, like follow distance, spells and heals they use. Just talk to them. That may be not full control, but for NWN1 it's more than enough.

Comment

It ptobably is technically, but it's just too easy which I found offputting. You yourself said once you struggled to finish it on one run though IIRC.

Comment

If you find HotU easy you'd better never try the NWN2 OC. It's the epitome of easiness.

Comment

HOTU had a few challenging fights.

like fighting that monk who was in the original vanilla NWN. and the final fight (not using cheese tactics) if you choose to fight it.

Comment

Grimgnaw and his band taught me humility in HotU. I had travelled solo into the nine hells as 25-ish wizard and so far nothing had provided half of a challenge. But at this point I wished I had my 2 henchmen with me. I mustered all I can summon, but that wasn't nearly enough and the buggers are almost immune to spells.

Comment

Yeah that would be tricky solo.

Comment

Working...
                              X