No announcement yet.

Thief II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to say, i was very unimpressed at thief2....movement in particular was rather cumbersome, i had a tough time merely navigating the map without getting stuck, particluarly up ladders-but then, i only played it in the last month not on its release

I havnt gotten to try thief3 yet
    if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

I loved Thief II while I was playing it and in fact I was thinking about installing it just a few days ago but I don't have the disc around here

I just liked the eerie situations when you entered a house full of guards and the music would change too. then the night skies filled with stars, fountains, shocking appearance of guards from around the corner... a great game, especially for night sessions and with headphones

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
        I loved Thief II while I was playing it and in fact I was thinking about installing it just a few days ago but I don't have the disc around here

I just liked the eerie situations when you entered a house full of guards and the music would change too. then the night skies filled with stars, fountains, shocking appearance of guards from around the corner... a great game, especially for night sessions and with headphones
        Exactly!

Unfortunately, the athmosphere in a re-run isn't quite the same, so playing it again is not as thrilling as the first time. Too bad. Some game developer really ought to create a similar game. Especially with nowadays graphics, and more importantly, physics, a great game could be developed
        "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
        "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by Traianvs

Exactly!

Unfortunately, the athmosphere in a re-run isn't quite the same, so playing it again is not as thrilling as the first time. Too bad. Some game developer really ought to create a similar game. Especially with nowadays graphics, and more importantly, physics, a great game could be developed
          It's the lighting. Especially to a game like Thief lighting is all important but it's very difficult to model.

However, some guys from the University of Saarland have come up with a ray tracing algorithm that may come close to real-time on some GPUs, so... you never know.

Tom P.

Comment

Tradidit in mortem animam suam.

Did the English version of the game feature Subway to Sally themes too?

Comment

Working...
            X