Thief II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thief II

I've pulled Thief II out and am re-playing it.

But I have a question of the very first scenario. On the second floor is the dining room. It's the room which you can go up the dumbwaiter and snatch a lot of treasure off the table while the clueless guard is patrolling nearby.

Is there anyway to use the regular door to the room to get any remaining treasure? It's a brightly lit room, so it's virtually impossible to sneak in. The guard sticks in the far corner by the dumbwaiter, so you can sneak up behind him and knock him out. There's no killing people in this scenario, so you can't off him with an arrow.

I'm missing about 500 in gold in the scenario. I figure the lion's share of it is in the dining room and in the two secret areas I can't find.

The "thief" series was painfully boring and unstable.
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Tacc
      The "thief" series was painfully boring and unstable.
      Cue Skanky in 3, 2, 1........

Comment

Damnit. That was exactly what I was going to post as soon as I saw the thread title.

Comment

Except that I mean it.
          Thief is one of the few gaming purchases I regret.
          I want my $5 back
          Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
          Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

You are an abomination.

Thief was a great series and is one of the few non-RPG 1st person games I can play and enjoy. I never had any stability problems, no idea what you're talking about there.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Thief is a great series. I've had some stability issues, but only because of my video card & a slightly corrupted copy. You really should not be complaining for $5; just stash it away until you have access to a machine that can run it.

Zkribbler: Been a while since I played (I still need to get back to Thief II) but I don't recall needing to dispatch that guard. I do recall that mission being a real pain to get full loot in, but IIRC you can get all the loot in that well-lit room from the dumbwaiter; I'd double-check elsewhere. I believe there are some real out-of-the way things, like... wait, let me put this in spoiler tags.

Spoiler:
              Look for gold wine bottles hidden in between the regular ones in the cellar, and there are some coins near a set of stairs that you have to time a jump for to even get them.

Spoiler:
              There's a set of rings you can get. They're in a hidden compartment above the fireplace. I forget how to open the compartment, but climb up on the mantle and see if you can find them.

And I believe there's even a bug that prevents you from getting the very last bit of loot, unless you get a fan-made patch - though you wouldn't be short 500 or even 100 from that.

Comment

Originally posted by ravagon
                Damnit. That was exactly what I was going to post as soon as I saw the thread title.
                Well then, you should be faster.

Comment

Kloreep --

Thanks for the info.

I found the first thing you mentioned.
                  I never knew about the second.
                  I'm pissed about the hidden compartment because I found it in the previous times I've played the game but forgot to look for it this time.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                    You are an abomination.

Thief was a great series and is one of the few non-RPG 1st person games I can play and enjoy. I never had any stability problems, no idea what you're talking about there.

Seconded.

Thief 1 was good.

Thief 2... is a feat yet to be reproduced in gaming. The atmosphere was SO STRONG some people argue it qualified as a role playing game...

Comment

Anybody have the transcript of the argument between guards in Life of the Party?
                      Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

Two of the very few games I liked enough to finish.

I have a bad tendancy to get to the final boss and think "OK, beat him and it's over" so I don't bother, I just stop.

This, NFS:MW, and a couple of Zelda's are the only things I've bothered finishing.

Tom P.

Comment

I never do the first mission on the most difficult level anymore. I tried it once and got so frustrated trying to find that last bit of treasure.

That one and finding all the secrets when you're casing that mansion were a pain on the most difficult level. I eventually used a walkthrough to find them all.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Quillan
                            Anybody have the transcript of the argument between guards in Life of the Party?
                            This one?

Originally posted by Taffergirl
                            Alright! I never could make out that one string. That argument has always been my favourite.

Guard One: And I'm telling you that the only stench heartier than your rotting burrick of a master, is the liquor on his fetoed breath. If he comes near Lady Van Vernon again, we'll boil his knickers.

Guard Two: Oh ho! Mighty fine words coming from a knock-kneed, inbred pageboy such as yourself. Our good master Willy wouldn't be caugh near that frumpy little trollup unless he were holding her back at the end of a halberd.

Guard One: *gasp* How dare you defile the name of someone so good and virtuous as the Lady Van Vernon. Our Lady is a saint amongst mortal women. An angel so pure the heavens couldn't hold her.

Guard Two: *laughs loud* Your Lady? An angel? You're lucky the Darkside Whorekeeps aren't bashing down her door for stealing their clientelle. Why just the other day, I saw her out back warming up the stableboy.

Guard One: Such slander will not be tollerated while we're on watch. You'd best rush off and rescue your helpless limp lord before he flounders in his own vomit, or wakes up naked in a hen coupe. Scurry off, or you'll require some unnecessary ventilation.

Guard Two: Is that a threat, you shrivelled old maid (as corrected by Yos)? You gonna ***** us with your sewing needles? On this side of the street we shoot like soldiers, so don't make promises your arrows can't keep.

Guard One: (worked out by tantoedge) You've gone... you've gone too far this time, you camel mannered, tunic wearing molly coddles!! An arrow in the throat ought to shut you up!!

Guard Two: Have at thee!
                            PS - Thief Series forums @ ttlg.com
                            But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
                            PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

masterful
                              "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                              "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Working...
                              X