No announcement yet.

age of sail - any thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, I don't remember being able to find it anywhere. Damn, I could have wasted so much more of my youth and probably failed my exams too! What was I thinking of?

Comment

Ive finally installed this and played a bit - the scenario where HMS vindictive goes up against 3 smaller USN ships.

This is a wonderful game, just what I wanted. Stuff Id read about in Keegan and Mahan, finally makes sense. And nice 3d graphics, lots of depth, history, totally kewl.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Ive been doing the scenario where 2 US privateers smuggling arms to venezuala go against 3 Spanish ships, and I even running through the line and trying to get upwind cant seem to beat them (on medium difficulty) I will have to try this as the Spanish.
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Its seems these first 20 or (!!!) numbered scenarios are the quasi tutorials, to lead you up throught differente skills. The unnumbered ones are the historical scenarios. Than there are the RPGish campaigns.

Ive done the French vs Haitian privateer scen, won as French, just barely lost as privateer. If youre going to break the line, you have to do it BEFORE they damage your sails, and do it with no indecision.

Comment

I am still playing this game. Ive played through all the numbered scenarios, and have been playing the historical scenarios, in historical sequence. I just played the battle of dogger bank (Dutch vs UK) and managed to lose, playing the Dutch. I should taken advantage of my initial crossing of the T's of the English fleet to fire at the hulls instead of the sails, I think.

Next up, the big battle of this war, the Battle of the Capes, which won American Independence.

Comment

Working...
            X