No announcement yet.

Asher : PS3 is kicking Ass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the latest issue of Japan's Famitsu magazine is to be believed, Konami has quietly cancelled several of their upcoming PS3 and Wii projects. IGN reports that an updated release list for the company has been shortened by no less than six games, one of which was a Playstation 3 version of side-scroling shooter, Gradius. Of course, since mere absence doesn't confirm outright cancellation, it would be best to treat this as a rumor for now.

One potential explanation is that Konami has now made enough progress on some of these titles (if they were even in development to begin with) to warrant less ambiguous descriptors. If "New Action Game" turned into Castlevania: Polka of Purgatory, the publisher would likely choose a grander announcement than simply having it pop up on a standard release list.

The removed titles are as follows:

* Gradius Series (PS3)
    * Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball (PS3)
    * New Action Game (PS3)
    * New Role Playing Game (PS3)
    * New Action Adventure Game 2 (Wii)
    * Role Playing Game (Wii)

Games still appearing on the release list include two sports titles, a music game and an "action adventure" for the Wii. Pro Baseball Spirits, Winning Eleven and Metal Gear Solid 4 are also still slated for the PS3.
    The full Komani info so far. Not quite as doom and gloom as Asher would like it to be.
    I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
      Wow, these console wars threads are so serious. They're all the same at the end of the day right?

OMFG OMG-- How can you say that ??

Everyone with a brain knows that {insert console name here} is teh Best IT has { insert voluminous technobabble here}. They sold out in my town of Nowheresville while you could get lots of the others at Computerjunkmart.

etc etc

Was that the response you wanted??
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Something close to, one would presume.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Nah, not sure what it is but his outrage doesn't seem quite sincere.

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber

OMFG OMG-- How can you say that ??

Everyone with a brain knows that {insert console name here} is teh Best IT has { insert voluminous technobabble here}. They sold out in my town of Nowheresville while you could get lots of the others at Computerjunkmart.

etc etc

Was that the response you wanted??
            No different than arguing about Civ 2 being better than Civ 3, etc.

lol zomfg he took the bait LOLzzzzz

Comment

NPD Canada sales, 2006:

360 252,000
              Wii 84,000
              PS3 45,000
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Thanks for posting that - it seems the wii is really owning all given that it's recently released.

Comment

Sure.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                  X