No announcement yet.

Games for 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully Spore will amount to something.
    The expansion for Galciv2, Supreme Commander, C&C3, and a couple others are the ones I'm looking forward to.

Big Huge Games has been a Big Huge Disappointment, so there will be no joy from them unless they switch to TBS games.

QFT
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I still thank BHG for releasing a free RoN demo. Saved me from buying yet another game which collects dust on the shelf.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph

Oh, and Spore of course!

Comment

Will I really need to set up a second Monitor to enjoy Supreme Commander?
          Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark . . . . I might buy Civ4 and skip Civ3 . . . .
            At the risk of getting flamed for saying this, I don't recommend skipping Civ 3. I'm not trying to spark the "Civ 3 vs. Civ 4 debate," and I've never played any other version of Civ, but I got Civ 3 about 6 or 7 months ago and have more than gotten my $$'s worth out of it. You can get C3 Complete for about ~$20 (with all expansions). I've really been enjoying it. As I recall, you're a bit of a bargain hunter in the game arena and this might fit the bill.

As for me, I expect most of 2007 will be spent on Civ 3, SMAC, and GalCiv. I may break down and buy Crown of Glory or Space Empires (don't know which yet), but it seems unlikely, given my schedule.
            Last edited by Aabraxan; January 9, 2007, 14:52.

Comment

Personally in a world of finite gaming time I see no possible justification for playing Civ3 before Civ4.

Comment

Personally in a world of finite gaming time I see no possible justification for playing Civ3 before Civ4.
                QFT. Also, Spore!

Originally posted by Main_Brain
                Will I really need to set up a second Monitor to enjoy Supreme Commander?
                Not to my knowledge (that would be pretty silly), but it is supposed to have very thought-out support for two monitors.
                Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I suspect most of my time will be taken up with more Fall from Heaven 2 goodness (massive dark fantasy mod for civ4), various mods for Medieval II and my very first Paradox game (will be getting EUIII shortly after release).

Comment

Originally posted by Kinjiru
                    my very first Paradox game (will be getting EUIII shortly after release).
                    bad idea. unless by shortly you mean 6 months-2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike

Comment

- Sins of a Solar Empire could be either a hit or a miss, I'm not too wishful, but it's some sort of 4x meets Homeworld sort of thing from a small developer.

- Europa Universalis 3 is obvious as a Paradox game and a sequel to a classic. I just hope the pointlessly 3D graphics engine won't be a stumbling block.

- Spore, I think we salivated over this one enough already. I just hope it actually comes out.
                        Same here
                        But I´m more interested in the 4X game though, the last ones (MoO3, Space Empires V) where a bit dissapointing

- Supreme Commander, another epic RTS with dual screen support, seamless zooming from blades of grss to outer space, massive scale, nukes, and from what I've heard of the beta, fun gameplay. I just don't think I have the rig for this yet.
                        Same here
                        The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Originally posted by Aabraxan

At the risk of getting flamed for saying this, I don't recommend skipping Civ 3. I'm not trying to spark the "Civ 3 vs. Civ 4 debate," and I've never played any other version of Civ, but I got Civ 3 about 6 or 7 months ago and have more than gotten my $$'s worth out of it. You can get C3 Complete for about ~$20 (with all expansions). I've really been enjoying it. As I recall, you're a bit of a bargain hunter in the game arena and this might fit the bill.
                          Well theres a difference. Ive played Civ2 more than any other game, so I wouldnt be new to the series.
                          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                          X