So I caved-in and bought WOW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nostromo
    Progress report. I started a game on a new server, non-pvp this time. I chose a Tauren hunter this time. He's level 16 now and I'm in the Barren. I flew for the first time. Très cool. I admit it: I don't understand how it happened, but I'm somewhat addicted.
    Don't feel bad, it is human nature. MMOs are an anomaly - they shouldn't really be fun, but they are.

Comment

Some irritants:

- I hate it how after you cleared a place baddies manage to spawn right behind you or near you.

- Most of the times, you can clear a place by killing one bad guy at the time. Easy. But sometimes they gang up on you. I don't understand why. But it got me killed a couple of times.
      This is just practice. For the first you need to clear mobs in a sensible order so that you do a 'lap' just as the first is respawning. For the second don't kill mobs that are too densely packed as it's a waste of time unless you are deliberately aoe'ing. If they are patrolling don't fight on another mob's patrol route - pull them away. Avoid mobs that shout for help if they cause you problems as they are a pain and you don't get more xp!

Comment

Yeah, what is with all that being fun even though it includes every 13 year old who can't type in English

Looking forward to getting Burning Crusade on Tuesday though .
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'm going to wait a couple of months I think.

Comment

Yeah, but I just got the game a few months ago... I play a lvl 34 Druid and don't really have an alt (I created an Undead Warrior when my server was down). So maybe I'll make a Blood Elf BloodKnight or Dranaei Shaman/Warlock as my first alt .
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Progress report. I started a game on a new server, non-pvp this time. I chose a Tauren hunter this time. He's level 16 now and I'm in the Barren. I flew for the first time. Très cool. I admit it: I don't understand how it happened, but I'm somewhat addicted. I think I'd better stop playing before its too late.

Some irritants:

- I hate it how after you cleared a place baddies manage to spawn right behind you or near you.

- Most of the times, you can clear a place by killing one bad guy at the time. Easy. But sometimes they gang up on you. I don't understand why. But it got me killed a couple of times.
              Sometimes they are placed to tightly to just pull one. It can still be done solo by pulling say 3 mobs, killing one, dying and then returning soon enough before he respawns. And knock them down that way.

Or, if you aren't powerful enough, you bite your tongue and reluctantly accept help from "Stabbinyerface" the night elf rogue in a group.

While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Working...
              X