Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I caved-in and bought WOW

Longest. Install time. Ever.

Graphics are really primitive, compared to Oblivion. But the artwork is fine. I love the fact that there are no loading screens.

I'm playing a dwarf hunter. Level 7. Its a pretty cool class. I don't have a pet yet. Not sure how to get one either.

Mission design is really uninspired, IMO. Compared to Oblivion, at least. Way too much fed ex missions.

Combat is boring. Point and click. Maybe it'll get better later on.
    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

I hear you on the install time.

Also if you aren't enjoying the first few levels then it doesn't bode well for you. Maybe it will pick up when you start thinking about your gear and doing some instances though.

Comment

alot of the earlier quests are gather this or that. Later on, some of them get interesting...some not.

There is a quest at level 10 i think to get your pet. You have to tame a couple of beasts, then blammo you get the pet taming ability. or something like that.
      While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Re: So I caved-in and bought WOW

Originally posted by nostromo
        Mission design is really uninspired, IMO. Compared to Oblivion, at least.
        Man... WoW quests must really suck. I thought Oblivion quests were alright, but certainly nothing to write home about for the most part.
        XBox Live: VovanSim
        xbox.com (login required)
        Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
        Spore page

Comment

alot do suck, but one of the more memorable ones for me around the forties i think is called "zapped giants".

You have to travel along the shoreline of one of the zones and use a contraption to zap giants and then kill 'em. In their huge form they are too hard, but when you zap 'em, they shrink and you can get 'em.

That was a comic relief quest that I liked.

Some of the quest lines are decent, but yeah, there are alot of fed ex/get me 6 pig snouts/ slay 12 hippos quests in the beginning.
          While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Not just in the beginning.

Comment

yeah, they are dotted throughout, but i don't remember them being as much as in the beginning.

Comment

of course wow is just a big fat grind anyway, so i suppose those quests set you up for what to expect.

Comment

Man... WoW quests must really suck. I thought Oblivion quests were alright, but certainly nothing to write home about for the most part.
                  WOW quests suck compared to most RPG's out there. Its either fed-ex missions or hunting missions.

My character in Oblivion is a level 4 or 5 witchhunter. I did some fighters guild and some mage guild quests and they're pretty decent. The quest where you enter a painting is a notable example, although it could have been handled better.
                  Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

WOW quests suck compared to most RPG's out there. Its either fed-ex missions or hunting missions.
                    Like every other MMO.

Comment

Not just in the beginning.
                      If its the case, I will not renew my subscription after the free month expires.

Anyway, I just bought Oblivion, Civ 4 and Fallout 2. More than enough games for me.

Comment

Anyway, I just bought Oblivion, Civ 4 and Fallout 2.
                        Very nice. All are very deserving games. Fallout 2 I would say is one of the examples where they got the quests right. (Although some will say it's much worse than Fallout 1 and way overuses pop culture references.)
                        XBox Live: VovanSim
                        xbox.com (login required)
                        Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                        Spore page

Comment

Play Civ4 first.

Comment

If its the case, I will not renew my subscription after the free month expires.
                            oh....that's what we all said..it will crawl into your veins like heroin until you wake up in a cold sweat one night begging for more.....

Although having said that, if it wasn't for the xp i'd be gone.

Comment

I'm really liking it myself . Though I only play like 10 hours a week or so. I'm a lvl 34 Druid and while a lot of the quests are get this, kill that, etc, some are interestingly done with fun stories (if you decide to read all of the quest messages).

I love the diversity of the zones and how they feel so different from each other (but are incredibly well done themselves).

Some fun mods out there as well. You can't change the gameplay, but a lot of UI mods and things to make life easier (such as fiddling with the map, quest log, etc). I'm still tinkering around (just changed my unit frames and moved them, making it quicker to see health levels of me and the target).
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                              X