Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medieval Total War II

Medieval Total War II:

Spanning feudal Japan, the Roman era, Medieval Europe and 18th century France, the Total War series brings the past to life with a unique mix of turn-based strategy and real-time land and naval battles.

forums:

So anyone got it? Whats it like?

My copy should arrive today or tomorrow. I wasn't going to buy it until the first patch was out... but I broke down and ordered it anyway.
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Its the best TW game yet. I'm playing it. My pupils are playing it. My dad is playing it. My friends are playing it. Rocks.
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I don't have pupils and my Dad doesn't have a computer, but I'm playing it until my pupils give out.
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I don't have it but I do have sore pupils.
          I have an new LCD which should help the pupil problem, but alas no MTW yet.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I have pupils and intend to get the game, but haven't yet.

Comment

Its great been playing for a few weeks now and i love it

does need a patch though ! but its very playable and extremely addictuve
              A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

thanks for those - all i needed was a few positive comments from actual players and now its decided - I'll get it for Xmas!

Please feel free to post comments/strategy about your games in progress - as soon as i get my version i'll add mine.

I'm so happy this has turned out to be a great title - it may be my last main stream game purchase(unless the next one is also good!).

Comment

Installing now...
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I just finished playing my first few turns as England. Looks really nice and my first battle was fun (if somewhat easy). Definitely seems like a step up from RTW despite what some are saying on the fan forums. Lots going on with the strategy map - which is a good thing. The more that gets added to that layer the better these games get.
                    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

I am pretty sure my wife has picked it up for me for xmas, which is great (she actually does listen!) and bad (I wanna go buy it and play it now dangit). Looking forward to it greatly!

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie
                        Definitely seems like a step up from RTW despite what some are saying on the fan forums.
                        Why, what's the gripe amongst the hardcores?

Comment

Cavalry need a run-up to charge now! OMG! TEH GAMZOR IS TEH BROKEN!
                          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

And is teh gamzor teh broekn?

Comment

Teh gamzor is on my list, but I don't have it yet. I'll get it perhaps in the christmas vacation.

Comment

Working...
                              X