Ps3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not buying any more consols period.

My Xbox is collecting dust. I have three games for it that I bought that I have not even opened the plastic on the box.
    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

I had a lot of fun at times with my PS2. But I also have games for my PS2 (and PS1 and PC) that I haven't really touched.

The issue is that there were times that I bought lots of games, played a few a bit, and then mostly played MMOs.

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I'll let the price drop a bit and buy games that I've heard are good after they have been out for a year.
        Boring, but I like to have a console as if I've had a bad day at work, playing on a p.c at home when I'm sulking and avoiding people reminds me of being back in the office.

Comment

No, I am an adult.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
            No, I am an adult.
            Really???????????

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Nope. Probably wouldn't buy it even if I could afford it ATM...

From what I understand:

360 -
              Wii -
              PS3 -

In terms of console quality.

Part of this I heard from my roommate, who worked at EA this summer, and claims most developers liked working on the 360, but all of them absolutely hated the PS3, and given that the 360 is a viable competitor now (as opposed to back in the day when Xbox came into the game late, and PS2 pretty much carried on its previous momentum), this spells trouble. Of course, he is an extreme MS fanboy, so take that with a grain of salt.

However, his claim certainly does have truth to it. Consider, some game dev houses are dropping plans for PS3 releases (Gah, I know I read this somewhere, but can't for the life of me find a link, so you'll have to trust me on this one); Merrill-Lynch predicts 360 will win; game industry professionals seem to prefer the Wii, etc.

All signs seem to point to the general suckage of PS3...

Feel free to flame away.
              XBox Live: VovanSim
              xbox.com (login required)
              Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
              Spore page

Comment

Originally posted by vovan
                Nope. Probably wouldn't buy it even if I could afford it ATM...

From what I understand:

360 -
                Wii -
                PS3 -

In terms of console quality.

Part of this I heard from my roommate, who worked at EA this summer, and claims most developers liked working on the 360, but all of them absolutely hated the PS3, and given that the 360 is a viable competitor now (as opposed to back in the day when Xbox came into the game late, and PS2 pretty much carried on its previous momentum), this spells trouble. Of course, he is an extreme MS fanboy, so take that with a grain of salt.

However, his claim certainly does have truth to it. Consider, some game dev houses are dropping plans for PS3 releases (Gah, I know I read this somewhere, but can't for the life of me find a link, so you'll have to trust me on this one); Merrill-Lynch predicts 360 will win; game industry professionals seem to prefer the Wii, etc.

All signs seem to point to the general suckage of PS3...

Feel free to flame away.
                A coworker of mine worked at EA Canada in Vancouver for a couple years and mentioned that the Wii and Microsoft development tools absolutely shamed the Sony ones. Add in the complexity of the PS3 hardware and there were a lot of bitter developers.

Unless Sony gets a lot of marketshare, and fast, they're screwed out of their #1 spot.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

the articles about folks standing in line, and the violence, and the 10,000 bid on Ebay, made for an interesting conversation with QOTM. Depite my attempt to convince her that there are grown men whod shell out that much for a console, shes convinced it must be super indulgent parents.

Then she asks " do YOU want" a PS3? She was in a nice mood I guess. It was of course a silly question - $600 for a game machine, and wed need an extra TV as well. And then Id have to go buy full price games to take advantage of it, when Ive still got lots of nice cheap PC games to buy.
                  "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Well, it depends on if you count a 25 (Almost 26) yearold bachelor as a grown man.

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                      the articles about folks standing in line, and the violence, and the 10,000 bid on Ebay, made for an interesting conversation with QOTM. Depite my attempt to convince her that there are grown men whod shell out that much for a console, shes convinced it must be super indulgent parents.

Then she asks " do YOU want" a PS3?
                      She was just worried that the reason you brought up the £10,000 story was that you had a current bid for £5,000 in on the next one to come up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                        Well, it depends on if you count a 25 (Almost 26) yearold bachelor as a grown man.

JM
                        that did come up. actually
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Still on my PSOne and even then I tend to play retro arcade classics..paperboy, defender, spyhunter etc.

So probably not ready for a PS3

Comment

Working...
                          X