Ps3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ps3

This may well become yet another console vs. pc war, but this question is intended for those who enjoy consoles...

Is anyone who enjoys consoles planning on "trying" to get a PS3 at $600?

I like my PS2 but I am not planning on getting one any time soon.
    Yes
    26.92%
    No
    57.69%
    I hate consoles so much that i'd rather be caught with a banana in my ass.
    15.38%
    While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Why would I want that pricey piece of cr*p when I can get a Wii and perhaps a 360?
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Advantages of the PS3:

- Ability to play less games than the 360 for more money
      - Ability to play worse versions of the games than on the 360
      - Ability to put up with an awfully implemented (well, unimplemented) online system
      - Ability to play Bluray movies, the losing movie format likely to go the way of Sony's BETA
      - Ability to play game without controller rumbling
      - Ability to play on a console incapable of resolution scaling
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

If I got a PS3, I would sell it. And likely upgrade my PC with the money.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Yeah, I want one, but not yet. There is no point with my current TV set. When said television is made obsolete because of a forced move to digital transmission, then I might buy a TV capable of doing a PS3 justice. I can easily wait 5 or so years for that.

Xbox 360 doesn't interest me at all. I regret buying the original, because about the only game that is unique to the system and which I also love, is Jet Set Radio Future. No matter how great a game is, it is not worth the price of a console.

All the best 360 games will find a PC release - probably on Vista, so no point really. I don't need Live Arcade because I've got every arcade game ever made emulated already through MAME. I also don't want to play with other humans (who I generally hate - especially teenage boys) online.

No doubt all of Cave's scrolling shooter games like DoDonPachi and ESPGaluda will find release on the PS3, and hopefully old games will be backward compatible. Therefore a PS3 will be more attractive to someone who has a taste for japanese games. I can perhaps wait until such games are emulated though.

It will be a cold day in hell before I prance about with a Wii Mote. 75% of my Gamecube games are unfinished, so Miyamoto won't be getting my cash this generation.

In short, I'm sick of mindless consumerism. A handful of games that I already own and love - Civ IV for example - could easily provide years of entertainment to come. This generation of video game consoles will be passing me by.

Yet I would still like a PS3.
          Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
            Advantages of the PS3:

- Ability to play less games than the 360 for more money
            - Ability to play worse versions of the games than on the 360
            - Ability to put up with an awfully implemented (well, unimplemented) online system
            - Ability to play Bluray movies, the losing movie format likely to go the way of Sony's BETA
            - Ability to play game without controller rumbling
            - Ability to play on a console incapable of resolution scaling
            I'll definitely be getting one then.

Er...I mean....

No.

Comment

I WANT a PS3, but I don't want to PAY for a PS3 .
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                I WANT a PS3, but I don't want to PAY for a PS3 .

ditto
                I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

I've read over the news that the PS3 was making less noise than the XBOX 360.

I must admit that the first time my friend opened his XBOX 360 I've said to him: "omg, even my Athlon thunderbird is making less noise".

But anyway; we'll see really soon, if this will be the only feature of PS3.
                  Last edited by CrONoS; November 17, 2006, 11:07.
                  bleh

Comment

Sony has to stop making those fake but otherwise cool to watch ads.
                    be free

Comment

I get like 2-3 games a year for my PS2 since they never release decent RPGS/strats over here so no.
                      Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                        If I got a PS3, I would sell it. And likely upgrade my PC with the money.
                        Same here
                        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Not only am I hardcore but I'm also into import gaming.

So yes I will buy a PS3 but not right now. Not until there is more of what I want for this system and all the bugs are worked out.

I have a PC, a Sony PSP, and a Sony PS2 all of which I love dearly. To those of you who think there are no good strategy games for consoles ought to consider imports. Of course you will need to learn Japanese to play.
                          signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

No. I'll buy a PS2 and lots of cheap games for it instead.

Comment

Originally posted by cronos_qc
                              One think I've read over the news was the PS3 was making less noise than the XBOX 360.

I must admit that the first time my friend opened his XBOX 360 I've said to him: "omg, even my Athlon thunderbird is making less noise".

But anyway; we'll see really soon, if this will be the only feature of PS3.
                              If it's really noisy when it's not reading from a disc, he should get it swapped, cause that's not normal...

The noise people complain about comes from the 12x DVD-ROM -- its noisy like when you install games on your computer from a disc.

Also depends on the luck of the draw...some of the early 360s came with a Hitachi DVD drive which was way noiser than the others. The new ones come with Samsungs or LiteOns, which are much quieter.
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                              X