No announcement yet.

Guild Wars - Nightfall edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I play them both and have not seen that. Haven't logged in to GW for a little while though.

Comment

• Ooo, just seeing this. I'll look for ya in game snoopy.

I have had the login screen take a minute or 3 to actually load up directly after playing warlords, but it does eventually get going.

For what it's worth, the one problem I've seen from 5 seperate folks now that causes GW to freeze all together is the video card overheating.

In each and every case, cleaning out the heat sinc and/or fixing the fan (if your card has one) solved the problem.
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• No, it's a login screen freeze. I don't know that i've ever given it three minutes to load, but I've given it "a long time". But it seems definitely tied to warlords ... grr. Anyway, a quick task manager check solves the problem
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• BTW, any suggestions for early game skillsets for a paragon/warrior combo? I'm right now running three spear skills (the bleeding one, "mighty throw", and one that is not adrenaline based), a resurrect, Leader's comfort, two healing skills [motivation based], and Watch Yourself [Warrior]. I put most of my points into spear, several into motivation, and one into tactics and leadership.

I'm level 7 ish, and at about 150 sunspear 'points' ... I'm currently farming for sunspear points, as there's not a lot else to do right now This is a bit better than the Prophecies pre-searing area, but it's a lot longer, which is mildly annoying. I suppose it's to prevent people from skipping ahead too far ("Ferrying to docks" seems to be the major skipping method?) ...

Comment

• Sensible skill choices for the most part - I used the bleeding one, the lightning one and mighty throw early on, and watch yourself. Noob island has sucky paragon skills, but as soon as I could I added the shouts that make people burn.

You don't really need self heals, so drop them when something better comes along.

You'll want more in leadership later, but early on I did high spear too as there aren't a great deal of options and your best value added is spear damage, even if that sucks in the long run.

Comment

• Once i'm off noob island I shall be a very happy soul

Comment

• Yeah, starter island is always a pain no matter which chapter. Factions had the best starter area, IMO, as you could cruise through it in about 2 hours, but folks complained that it wasn't big enough and they wanted Prophecies size...

You'll want to swap out Wild Throw for one of your spear attacks if you can. (can't recall what skills are available on starter island) Just to deal with the rangers with whirling defense on the mission to get you off starter island. (and through many of the areas just off starter island)

If you have some faction, it's worthwhile to go unlock some skills at a priest so you can buy them at the trainer.

Get used to the farming of sunspear points. You'll have to the first thing when you get off starter island as well, but that will be the end of it, and you get 5 points per kill and 100 point quests there, so it don't take nearly as long. Late game you can farm lightbringer points, but it's not required. Except for some morons who demand rank 8 for groups. Yeah, it's really "needed", my measly rank 3 ass beat that sucker with hero/hench who don't get ranks.
                Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; January 4, 2007, 09:25.
                One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• Just so I know, what's the mission to get me off noob island called, so I can stick it in there?

Comment

• Its called:

Istan

Rally the Recruits (Tutorial) or Take the Shortcut (Skip Tutorial) → Into Chahbek Village

1. Chahbek Village

Honing your Skills → Secondary Training → Choose Your Secondary Profession → Leaving a Legacy → The Honorable General → Signs and Portents

2. Jokanur Diggings

Isle of the Dead → Bad Tide Rising → Special Delivery → Big News, Small Package → Following the Trail

3. Blacktide Den

The Iron Truth → Trial by Fire → War Preparations (Ghost Reconnaissance), War Preparations (Recruit Training) and War Preparations (Wind and Water) → The Time is Nigh

Characters from other campaigns will begin here and follow this quest chain:

Battle Preparations → Securing Champion's Dawn → A Land of Heroes → The Time is Nigh

4. Consulate Docks
                    Thanks Guildwiki
                    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
                      Just so I know, what's the mission to get me off noob island called, so I can stick it in there?
                      Snoop just so its clear, you HAVE to follow the primary quests off the island.

Be careful not doing so. My 11 year old almost gimped his dervish by NOT following the primaries.

Plus you get both of your +15 attribute quests very early on the island, make sure you have at least done both of those.
                      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• I got both of my +15 attrib quests done already... (nearly at 400 SSPs) I will certainly do all of the primary quests, just wanted to make sure I get in the wild blow for that final quest

I'm on Isle of the Dead right now, did the funeral quest in the middle but tomorrow will finish that. Are you serious though that i'm not even halfway through??? This really is a very long noob island... if it completed with Isle of the Dead i'd consider it fairly long.

I'm level 12 right now, so it looks like i'll be practically level 20 by the time it's complete... though i'm doing a lot of side quests, so maybe if I stop doing those it'll go faster

Comment

• It's been a while but I think even doing all of the side quests on noob island doesn't get you past level 14.

Comment

• It got me to about level 17, if I recall correctly.
                            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Maybe I just got my SSP more efficiently.

Comment

• Some of the side quests are WELL out of the way.

A lot of the latter quests on starter island are very short. Map here, take two steps out of town talk to x/kill y, map back. And I think a couple are only there to trigger a cinematic.

Basically after Blacktide Den it's pretty quick. (though Iron Truth is annoying...)

And yeah, my first time through I was probably lvl 16-17 when I hit the docks. Was lvl 13 the second time. My dervish is on Isle of the Dead now at lvl 9.

As for length of starter island, yes it's "longer" than Prophecies, but you're also lvl 12-18 or so when you finish it and have 8 man parties. You were what, 4-10 when you finished Presearing (unless you rushed or farmed up) and had 4 man parties.
                                Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; January 4, 2007, 16:37.
                                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
                                X