No announcement yet.

World of Warcraft versus Guild Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a bad idea to have an apolyton guild on one server, but it's a bit too late now.
    While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Yay... just made it to level 9 druid. Also had a fun time informally partnering up with other people. I needed a few people's help for one part of a quest and then in another dungeon me and a hunter a level below me partnered up to finish a quest that would have been hard as Hell (and mega frustrating) to do on our own.

Very cool... I added him to my "Friends" list, we'll see if we partner up later on.

Now I just have to figure out where to spend on my silvers on Druid skills .
      Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; October 12, 2006, 00:29.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

You have been to multiple dungeons at level 9 druid?

I thought the first one for Alliance was level 17+ Deadmines.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

It was a cave... dungeony enough.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Dungeons = instances. You need to enter a portal to get in them, and there will be no other players unless you're grouped with them.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

And you can get teh phat lewt.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski

After some research it seems my free key will give you a 10 day trial of chapters 1 and 2... on purchase of chapter 3 (out on the 26th Oct)

Ah well.
                sigh
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Yay... lvl 10 Druid now. Got the quest to change into a Bear... deciding on whether to do that or do one or two quests in the first zone first. But it would be cool to do it as a bear... hmmm...

Comment

Yeah. Levelling for the first time is quite an awesome experience in WoW. I remember it vividly.

Now that I am all epixxzz and stuff, I actually miss those first weeks in the game. It's kinda routine now :-/

Log on, raid, log off. Log on, farm money to pay for repairs, log off. Log on, raid, log off. Etc.

But Naxxramas is kinda fun

Edit: Oh, and I am really looking forward to BC. Hope that it will give me some of the same feeling that I had when I first started out in WoW.

Asmodean
                    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

• I'm betting it will, but to a somewhat lesser degree. The first time in the world is very exciting yes.

Heading into the new bc areas will bring back that feeling of "newness" and danger to the game that you had when you first rode into a level 50 zone as a 45.

When I say lesser degree I mean because even though the areas will be dangerous, the world is still familiar so that aspect is gone forever I think.
                      While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

• Apparently (though it may be all PR fluff), going from lvl 60 to 70 will take roughly the same amount of time as going from 1 to 60. Now that could be a good or bad thing .

Comment

• well, who knows, but judging from how you need hundreds of thousands of xp in the later levels to go from level to level, that could be accurate. I don't remember how much was needed for 60 (i'm trying to remember... maybe a little over 200k?), but 61 will probably need maybe around 220,000 - 250,000 xp? and then it just goes up from there so...

I must have been a slower leveller than some because those last five or so levels were a ***** for me.

Then again if you group alot and run alot of dungeons the xp can rack up pretty quickly. Much more so than solo grinding.

I hear of people going from 1-60 in a week or two...took me about 3-4 months.

I guess i'm a casual whiner nubzor.

Comment

• So leveling 60-70 will be fast too...

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• 60 in a week

I'm at 10 and I got the game on Sunday . Then again, I play like an hour and a half a day.

Comment

• Question: For BC, Blizzard is updating the talents, including merging some together and shifting others around. How will that work with current talents? What if you have points in a talent that gets merged with something else or gets moved to another group?

Comment

Working...
                                X