X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neverwinter Nights - more capitalist utopia

Our utopia continues................

Previous thread here:

The thread can also be used for NWN2 speculation, and, at the discretion of the thread starter, the discourse may venture into GW territory. This will probably only be to pwn Ralph or Jam though.

Originally posted by duke o' york
    If you haven't downloaded the new "premium"* module Darkness over Daggerford yet, then consider yourself a prize clot! It's the finest module created yet, and has even got wizzy new graphic sets.
    You start at level 8, and should reach about 15/16 if you do all the sidequests (maybe higher). The most exciting new feature is that they have somehow managed to include a Baldur's Gate-style world map that you can use to move around the world.

* It's not a premium mod in that you have to pay for it, although I understand that's how it started its development. Made by professionals, available for free - what could possibly be wrong with that?
    Originally posted by Unspeakable Horror

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view...Detail&id=5122
    The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Re: Neverwinter Nights - more capitalist utopia

Originally posted by DrSpike
      ... and, at the discretion of the thread starter, the discourse may venture into GW territory....
      Get your own thread!

Only because I haven't played any of Jamski's attempt to port Baldur's Gate into the Aurora Engine, then DoD is the closest I've come to playing the old favourite in NWN so far.
      It's not only the World map, although that is wonderful, and a really obvious pointer: it's the humour and the quests that send you running around loads of different areas and learning more about those areas you've already visited. I've only got 2 henchmen so far, but I've seen posts on the Bioware forums that suggest more are possible - doubt you can have a party of six (seven with hamster) though.

Comment

I am actually rather tempted to reinstall just for this. So many games though..............so little time...........

Comment

Re: Re: Neverwinter Nights - more capitalist utopia

Get your own thread!
          I don't intend to use that provision, but it's nice to have as a pre-emptive anti-threadjack-accusation defence, just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
            I am actually rather tempted to reinstall just for this. So many games though..............so little time...........
            So let's get this straight: you list all the games out of the "so many" worth playing, and I'll let you know which are better than this shiny new mod.

I hate trolls! Forum, yes, be even more so those horrible refuse-to-die buggers. I mean, the party is being attacked by 4 of them, the two henchmen are almost dead, and yet I'm the one expected to go and torch the bodies! You killed it, you kill it off with fire! I'm too busy dealing with this shaman at the moment.

Comment

If anyone fancies visiting Folderol again (except DrSpike ), then we're making war! An evil race of very, very dangerous barbarians have invaded the land and set up small camps all over, with a huge camp in the middle of the lake. But we're not standing by and watching them take over!
              We're fighting back, and we have siege engines to help us in the fight!
              (This is probably an epic-level adventure - except for my level 19 rogue - but everyone who can lend us a hand in the fight will be heartily thanked and well-rewarded. )

Comment

So let's get this straight: you list all the games out of the "so many" worth playing, and I'll let you know which are better than this shiny new mod.
                I playing GW mostly with teh Jamster, but a little Civ4 when I can squeeze it in. The GW x-pack is getting closer too, and the WoW x-pack.

Comment

None of those. Except maybe Civ 4.

But NWN2 is out next month so you won't be seeing a good deal more of Jam for the next er, year!

Comment

Ok - I'll take a break from Civ4 Warlords and give DoD a try. Sounds excellent.
                    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Civ4
                      Warlords
                      NWN2

See you lot later. Off to have 2 weeks at the pool. All inclusive.

Comment

None of those. Except maybe Civ 4.

But NWN2 is out next month so you won't be seeing a good deal more of Jam for the next er, year!
                        I'm not sure what will happen after the NWN2 release, so close to Nightfall release. I suspect that the dilemma will be so severe that Jam's head may implode. If this is the case he may find it hard to play either game.

Comment

Talking of NWN2 I was browsing gamespot today and saw that this is still down there as being released this year. However, the last thread contained info on problems the company was having - anyone been following the news on this?

Comment

Well I thought that it was out in September some time, but when I went to look at pre-ordering it on Amazon UK, it says that it'll be available from 20th October.
                            That's far too late for my birthday!
                            I wonder if the yanks get it early then.

Comment

quote:
                              If you haven't downloaded the new "premium"* module Darkness over Daggerford yet, then consider yourself a prize clot! It's the finest module created yet, and has even got wizzy new graphic sets.
                              You start at level 8, and should reach about 15/16 if you do all the sidequests (maybe higher). The most exciting new feature is that they have somehow managed to include a Baldur's Gate-style world map that you can use to move around the world.

* It's not a premium mod in that you have to pay for it, although I understand that's how it started its development. Made by professionals, available for free - what could possibly be wrong with that?

Was pretty decent, not th best I've played. The new graphics were kind of annoying.

ACK!
                              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                              X