No announcement yet.

This Colonization is pretty cool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There seems to be a hidden message there. If only I could decipher it...........

Comment

i liked murdering all the indians and stealing their stuff
      Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
        I "obtained" my Colonization for Windows with Mr. Mule delivery system. Since the developer isn't selling it directly through the Internet, I recommend that you do the same.
        I think I'll also try to "obtain" that version since the DOS version constantly crashes in Windows.
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
          I "obtained" my Colonization for Windows with Mr. Mule delivery system. Since the developer isn't selling it directly through the Internet, I recommend that you do the same.
          I believe I used the same delivery system to get the game, but I never actually started the game
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I did a google search for download and something. I forget what the something happened to be though.
            I already own the game but couldn't be bothered searching for the cd - I've moved recently so things are not sorted yet.

I just finished an OCC game on the second lowest difficulty. I used the full-map to find a decent landing spot (considering the challenge was to play with only one city, not spend most of the game finding that decent spot) but turned it off after sending my ship over to that spot. I also cheated at the end to complete the revolution. I prepared too well and had too many arty units - I sunk the English REF's ships so they couldn't land anymore. After 20 turns of waiting for that last cavalry unit to land, I decided that was enough. I'm sure my ~30 cavalry and ~80 militia would have killed it soon enough.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Oh, and I heard somewhere that the more you sell things, the more the King increases the size of the REF, so I didn't sell anything to Europe at all until after the revolution had started. I traded a bit with local indians (mostly to increase the amount of ore I had access to).

I had three tropical forests, one with prime timber, one hill, one savannah (after removing the timber above it) and three sea squares, one with fish. Ore was a problem most of the game. I also ended up turning another of the forests into savannah and plowing it so I could breed horses faster.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
                So when will someone make a Colonization mod for Civ IV ?
                I'm sure there are a lot of features to figure out, but I know that someone at civfanatics has made buildings that turn one (or more) resource into another. Someone in that thread mentioned making a Colonization mod. You would still need to quantify resources, though.

Comment

Working...
                X