Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dogmeat.......

.......Is still alive in my current game of Fallout

I've had this game(and the sequel) for years and not gone that far into the game - mostly i just roll new characters and enjoy rushing into the wilderness and getting killed.
    Still with a general lack of interesting new games coming i've decided to properly play Fallout, and i've been enjoying it untill i stumbled into a rough situation and Dogmeat(your dog friend you can pick up) died. What was worse was that it was partly my fault as i hit him in crossfire with the thugs that we were trying to kill. It was rather depressing i can tell you.
    So i reloaded as it was a mistake to get involved with the thugs at my level.

Now i'm level nine, have completed the first mission for the waterchip, have two other human companions, lots of weapons and loads of cash; but most importantly of all i have Dogmeat alive and well

So my question is how long did you keep Dogmeat alive for? I'm hoping it will be possible to keep him around for the duration of the game, but i worry that his name will catch up with him
    All the way to the end.So i didnt cry!
    20.00%
    I couldn't keep him alive, but i didn't cry(its just a game!)
    20.00%
    I couldn't keep him alive, and i cried!
    30.00%
    Dogmeat ate my bannana!
    30.00%

Spoiler:
    Near the end there is a puzzle where it's actually impossible to keep him alive and with you, IIRC.
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Add Fallout to the list of games I would like to play but have not tried as of yet.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
        Add Fallout to the list of games I would like to play but have not tried as of yet.
        Yeah it had been on mine for a long time - i didnt have the excuse of not owning it either!

Still i'm loving the apocolyptic feel, the humour, the political tragedy(of a world reduced to ashes), the goodness of the crpg, the detailed weapons(gun maniacs heaven!) and most importantly the companionship of a grizzled grey dog called Dogmeat.

He's never afraid to help out in the action, putting his flea bitten grey hide on the line every time. I collect iguana-on-a-stick to feed him(even though i know the grizzly truth!)

@Kassiopeia, I see one vote for 'I kept him alive to the very end - so didn't cry!', so either someone was so scared by the trauma that they refused to believe the nasty truth of your spoiler......or maybe there is a way! I hope for the later.

But we will see - at the momment i keep shooting Dogmeat with my plasma rifle, which he doesnt like, but i'm sure i can find away to kill these damn DeathClaws AND keep us all alive.

Comment

You get a dogmeat substitute in Arcanum as well although you have to find him within a certain time to save him. I always made a big effort to keep him alive in that game as well..

Comment

Keeping dogmeat alive was my overriding goal.
            Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

I've kept Dogmeat alive until after I've got the powered armor from the Brotherhood of Steel, but beyond that point I can't seem to keep any of my companions alive. The enemies seem to become numerous and powerful enough that they wind up getting killed by multiple attacks.
              Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

Dogmeat? Was that the dog that was standing in front of a building, making sure the owner couldn't get in? If that was him, then... well... he kinda died... after getting a bullet through it's skull

When I played my only game of Fallout 1, I decided not to have any companions... they annoyed the hell out of me in Fallout 2 (which I played before my first game of Fallout)
                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

YOU KILLED DOGMEAT?!!

Edit: wait a second, wasn't Dogmeat the dog of a guy who died? I remember because the former owner had a black leather jacket and Dogmeat would follow you if you either fed him or if you wore a similar jacket. I don't think he was a guard dog.
                  Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I kept Dogmeat alive a pretty long time, but once you face some of the super-powerful enemies near the end who like to spray you with autofire from miniguns, keeping him alive seems an impossible task.
                    I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

You pick up Dogmeat in Junktown, I think it is. He's wandering around inside the town, and I believe he'll join you if you either wear a leather jacket (which you can find earlier) or buy him an iguana-on-a-STEEK.
                      Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

Dogmeat is guarding a house the first time you enter Junktown...i dont recall the exact story, but you could to lure him away from it with food, which was necessary for a side-quest.

IIRC the guy that lives in the the house and wants to get in, but dogmeat wont let anyone in for some reason.
                        <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                        Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Oh, so Adagio DID kill him.

Comment

Dogmeat
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

usually around the military base is when he dies. Impossible to keep him alive there.

Comment

Working...
                              X