No announcement yet.

buying games on line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The stores like GAME and Virgin are invariably dearer than Amazon here.

Comment

Year, but GAME is gppd for impulse buys of games you never play... wait... how is that good?
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

It's not, though they are good for when I can't receive delivery without taking a day off work, which costs me far more than an extra £10 or whatever.

Comment

I buy online and usually have it shipped. I either buy from Amazon or the game's webpage itself. Sometimes I get bored waiting for it to ship and then download it

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
            It's not, though they are good for when I can't receive delivery without taking a day off work, which costs me far more than an extra £10 or whatever.
            Colonization was sent to me via US postal service, and in a package that fit through the front door mail slot. No one had to sign for anything.
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Have it shipped to work...duh.

I started getting games way back when by ordering from ads in gamer magazines, by calling the mail order company.

This was at a time before teh internets.

I don't have a problem ordering from Amazon, I even have an amazon credit card that I use exclusively for on-line purchases.

I can't be buggered to go to the store and look for older titles. Amazon ususally has a good price on older titles and I don't have to hunt and ta-da, I can shop at work.
              We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

I just paid £17.99 for Warlords plus £9.99 for another (older) game and they came together in a padded envelope that fitted through the letterbox. Postage would have been free if I lived in the UK but cost £2.95 to get it to Ireland. I can't complain about that.

I could complain about Amazon UK however since they no longer ship to Ireland - but then they now simply don't get my business so don't get my money.
                Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

Colonization was sent to me via US postal service, and in a package that fit through the front door mail slot. No one had to sign for anything.
                  Yeah that happened with Warlords too, though I was home anyway. IIRC Civ4 wouldn't fit, though maybe I'm misremembering as the boxes are the same size.

Comment

Yeah that happened with Warlords too, though I was home anyway. IIRC Civ4 wouldn't fit, though maybe I'm misremembering as the boxes are the same size.
                    Oh, i thought maybe you just had a low bandwidth mail slot.
                    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                    X