BioShock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BioShock

Irrational Games showed a demo of their upcoming game, BioShock, at E3. They call it a "spiritual sequel" to System Shock 2, which I think most of you are familiar with. I am SOOOO looking forward to this one. I've seen previews from the E3 demo on both Gamespy and Gamespot now. I think the Gamespot one is better, but it does contain a few minor spoilers, so be warned if you read it.

After what has seemed like eons, we finally got a chance to see the spiritual successor to System Shock 2 in action. Fans of that game won't want to miss this.

Anyone else anticipating this one?
    Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Absolutely. If it's really the spiritual successor then we are in for a treat.

Comment

Well... Somebody's bound to ask, so might as well be me.

What's System Shock and what makes it so good?

Vovan
      XBox Live: VovanSim
      xbox.com (login required)
      Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
      Spore page

Comment

System Shock 2 was awesome. It's an FPS with a strong story, nice RPG features, and above all it is probably the most atmospheric game evar.

You can even download it for free at a certain place I wont mention. I'd recommend you go there though.

Woof.

Comment

I bought a used copy off eBay a few years ago. It's still a popular seller there, and it's hard to find a copy for under $20-30 at all. They start low, but the price always climbs at the very end of the auction. I finally bit the bullet and paid about $27 for mine. It was worth it.
          Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

Buying games legally
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I always hear about SS2, but I have never seen it or played it, when did it come out?

If it came out before 1997, then I can understand why, but if not, then I wonder how I missed it.
              Last edited by FrostyBoy; May 13, 2006, 06:42.
              be free

Comment

Its one of the most intriguing games of E3. I really like the fifties-ish look, too.
                Attached Files
                Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Attached Files
                  Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Wow, this has certainly got my interest.
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
                      I always hear about SS2, but I have never seen it or played it, when did it come out?

If it came out before 2007, then I can understand why, but if not, then I wonder how I missed it.
                      I think all games I have came out before 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike

I think all games I have came out before 2007.
                        Ok.. let me just edit that..
                        be free

Comment

Finally an excuse to get a new pc. Any news about the specs?
                          Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

I think Sn00py just revealed too much...

SS2 was a 1999 game, IRC. I just downloaded it last night

Comment

Yeah late 90s. It was widely acknowledged as a good game, but didn't have that high a profile. I'm not surprised you missed it Snoopy.

Comment

Working...
                              X