No announcement yet.

Sims 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mind you, if someone enjoyed the original Sims, I would have recommended them buying the Sims 2. The newer features make it a more entertaining game, just not enough to make someone enjoy the whole Sims concept.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I still remember when I put the sims on the cowgirl's computer. (She currently only plays majhong and Texas hold'em, occasionally). I spent some time showing here the interface and walking her through the first 10 minutes or so of the tutorial. She seemed interested.

I was about to hand it over to here and get out of the pilot seat. Here I'm thinking, "ah, a game I can get her interested in."

She looks at me as I'm getting out of the hotseat and says, "How do I make it go away?"
      I say, "You mean quit the program."
      Her.."Yes."
      I show her where the quit button is and relinquish the hotseat.

She quits the program on here first action and loads up majhong. I give up.
      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

The newer features make it a more entertaining game, just not enough to make someone enjoy the whole Sims concept.

IMHO, no features could make someone enjoy the concept itself - you either do or you don't. AFAIK, most people here who are opposed to Sims dislike the very core concept.
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy
          I still remember when I put the sims on the cowgirl's computer. (She currently only plays majhong and Texas hold'em, occasionally). I spent some time showing here the interface and walking her through the first 10 minutes or so of the tutorial. She seemed interested.

I was about to hand it over to here and get out of the pilot seat. Here I'm thinking, "ah, a game I can get her interested in."

She looks at me as I'm getting out of the hotseat and says, "How do I make it go away?"
          I say, "You mean quit the program."
          Her.."Yes."
          I show her where the quit button is and relinquish the hotseat.

She quits the program on here first action and loads up majhong. I give up.
          Your wife is a very sensible woman!

other than marrying SC, obviously

Comment

Btw SC, try Guild Wars. It worked for me, which was a bit of a surprise, as my girlfriend hates WoW and detests City of Heroes.

Comment

The fun of the Sims is advancing in a chosen career and moving into a mansion with plush furniture. Not much different from improving a character in a RPG or building an empire from a settler in Civ.

Yeah, watching your sim go to the toilet and make breakfast is fairly boring if that is all you are doing in the game.
              Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

A nice argument, except for the fact that it is different.

Comment

I kind of have to agree. Though I did find it fun just as a builder game. But it doesn't feel like an RPG, because there is no point to it. There is no overal story. No reason to progress your character. Though maybe you can argue it's like a pointless MMORPG. And I do find them pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                    Sims couldn't keep me entertained for an evening, though.
                    You're a demanding customer.

I played it for a couple of days before getting bored.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Bkeela
                      The fun of the Sims is advancing in a chosen career and moving into a mansion with plush furniture. Not much different from improving a character in a RPG or building an empire from a settler in Civ.

Yeah, watching your sim go to the toilet and make breakfast is fairly boring if that is all you are doing in the game.
                      No way. The Sims is just a bloody simplfied (maybe that's where they got the name from) version of The Rat Race.

I don't need more of that in my spare time.
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

I played it for a couple of days before getting bored.
                        I played it for a couple of minutes before getting bored.

Comment

You actually played it?

I thought you were just a bot, with an automated response "this sucks" whenever someone mentions SimAnything
                          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

That post sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
                              I thought you were just a bot, with an automated response "this sucks" whenever someone mentions SimAnything
                              That sounds like me

Comment

No, you are just a cheap copy of the original.

Comment

Working...
                                X