The Oblivion Thread vol. II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Oblivion Thread vol. II

Gah... I think I just caught vampirism. Feeding on people doesn't really fit with the character I'm playing, so time to find a cure.

Interesting to see how different from Morrowind this part would be.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Actually now, I'm starting to lean towards the X800GTO. It is $29 more has 256 mem, but has better customer comments.

Now if I can just convince the cowgirl.
    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Re: The Oblivion Thread vol. II

Originally posted by Solver
      Gah... I think I just caught vampirism. Feeding on people doesn't really fit with the character I'm playing, so time to find a cure.

Interesting to see how different from Morrowind this part would be.
      Spoiler:
      I've heard the best way to avoid become a full vampire is to visit an alter.. in any church
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.â€
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Solver, if you contracted Porphyric Hemophilia, but haven't turned into a vampire yet, it's easy to cure. Cast Cure Disease on yourself if you can, drink a potion of Cure Disease if you can't cast the spell, and if you have neither, beat feet for the nearest town and use the main altar of the Nine. If your infamy is higher than your fame, then you're SOL on that score, so you'd have to buy a potion or scroll to cure yourself.
        Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

Yeah, I managed to get out of Hemophilia by just drinking a Cure Disease potion - I was actually very surprised it was possible.
          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy
            Actually now, I'm starting to lean towards the X800GTO. It is $29 more has 256 mem, but has better customer comments.

Make her understand

It's supposed to be a better card. Remember the link I shared earlier:

On the list of vid cards, the farther down on the list, the better they generally are.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.â€
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

If you're fighting vampires then you are bound to get the Hemophilia disease. Its best to keep a cure disease potion on hand and check to make sure you don't have the disease before sleeping if you've been fighting vampires. If you sleep with the disease and wake up with a dream about biteing someone in the neck well, best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy
                You can always do what my brother does. Just buy the card, slip it in when she isn't looking and when she asks why The Sims looks so much better just tell her you tweaked some settings...

Comment

Kass, I think that's just a continuation from Morrowind. In Morrowind, if you got infected, you had 3 days to get a cure. If you weren't cured in 3 days, you turned into a vampire, and the quest to get it removed at that point was hidden, long, involved, and difficult.

Comment

The x800 GTO is a nice card ... but it doesn't support SM 3.0, so no HDR. If you're buying it basically just for Oblivion, go either with an nVidia card (6800 etc.) or maybe the x1300. It looks a LOT nicer with SM 3.0 ...

This is the PCI Express 256mb, for $84 minus $15 rebate

This is the AGP 256mb, for $99

This is the PCIe 512mb, for $111 minus $15 rebate

All made by Sapphire, one of the best ATI card makers, and what I have in my computer. It's not quite as good overall as the x800GTO, but it's cheaper, and has a TON of video memory for the price ... and supports SM 3.0

BTW, if you decide for the better non-HDR card, Sapphire makes a great x800 GTO(that I have) and is a good 20%-30% cheaper than ATI branded cards, for the same thing and great quality
                    Last edited by snoopy369; March 28, 2006, 14:09.
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Can someone point me to somewhere it explains in detail where alchemy works now?
                      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Going to a shrine did nothing for me, somehow. I went to the shrine to get cleansed, but instead of losing my vampire attributes they stayed - though I'm not a full vamp yet.

Hmm, I may have absorbed the spell that the shrine throws at me.
                        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Newegg still has some X1600 Pro AGP cards, just they ran out of that $140 special. I'd recommend the X1600 over the X1300 if you're going that route.

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
                            Can someone point me to somewhere it explains in detail where alchemy works now?

The write-up there currently leaves a bit to be desired, so I'll explain a little. You have to have a mortar and pestle in your inventory. Click on that to open the alchemy screen. Select one of the Add Ingredient buttons, and pick an ingredient out of your inventory. Select another Add Ingredient, and it will list all ingredients in your inventory that have matching effects to the one(s) you already have selected. Select one, click combine and you've made a potion.

Comment

In my current Morrowind campaign, I played with alchemy for a while, then got bored. I think I'll sell all my alchemy stuff. I prefer stealing souls, store them in gems, then sell them, preferably to the scamp in Caldera. Probably the best way to make a fast buck. I never tried enchanting an item myself, though. I hear its nearly impossible.
                              Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Working...
                              X