Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVI cable will give better quality on the transmission of the signal between video card and monitor (LCD).

Who got the last 512 meg card....Yin????!!!!

Anyway was considering the 7800GS yesterday until some guy posted compatibility problems with my board. Maybe I'll just pick up the x1600 pro 256 version. I wonder how long the "backorder" will be like never or something.
    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Ranger
      Huh? It's not a set path if you have a number of dungeons you can choose from at any one time.

It makes absolutely no sense that a level 1 character could go take on Morgoth or Sauron. However if he or she can't it's not really nonlinear according to the definition you use.

Whatever floats your boat, Imran
      Yes, it is still a set path. It doesn't matter if A has 10 dungeons and B has 10 dungeons and so on, you still have to go A->B or else you'll die.

No one is saying that a level 1 character should take on the big boss at the beginning. What is being said, is that having areas that are closed off to lower level characters because of difficulty defeates the whole idea of a non-linear gameworld. It becomes de facto linear by having such divisions.

Of course there are linear story arcs in any gameworld, the difference is that in a non-linear gameworld, you can take up any of those linear story arcs at any time you desire, regardless of level.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Currently newegg says more of the 512 meg card are due in on the 31st. The 256 meg card is in stock at only $110. But for future proofing I'd think more on getting the 512.

I read a review on this 512 meg card and it said it was a low power card and didn't even need it's own power connector. But that may have been the PCI-E version.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silver14
          In truth you probably won't notice a difference between using a DVI connection or a regular D-SUB input connection. If you have the cable and the connection on your monitor, go for it. I wouldn't go out of my way to get a cable though if you don't have it.

Or at least for me I have multiple flat panel monitors and I can't really tell when I'm using analog or the digital connection.
          I dunno, when I saw monitors at Circuit City side by side, one with DVI connection and one with the regular VGA connection, it was no contest. DVI pwned the regular VGA.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy
            Who got the last 512 meg card....Yin????!!!!
            I'm not sure. The order went through, but I haven't got one of those "shipped" notifications. My fingers are crossed!
            I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

• Next thread
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Originally posted by Dis
                yeah I kind of winged it. I'm not sure if I got a good one or not. I usually research these things before I upgrade. But I kind of upgraded on a whim today when at Fry's. I tend to splurge when I'm there. That's why I don't go too often.

I got a Radeon X1600 Pro.
                Pretty good card, to say the least.

Supports all the latest features (shader model 3.0, Oblivion only needs 2.0).
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by bonscott
                  Yin, at newegg they have a Sapphire Radeon x1600 Pro with 512 meg memory for only $140! The 256 meg model even cheaper. This is AGP which is what I would need. I'm actually thinking about upgrading my 9800 Pro for this myself now. Hmmmmmmmmm

EDIT: Link to the AGP version of the card. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102680
                  well now I'm pissed I paid a lot more for the same card. . Thanks alot.

Comment

Working...
                  X