No announcement yet.

Command & Conquer - The First Decade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nifty. I've played all of the C&C series with the exception of all the expansions except Yuri's Revenge. I even paid for some of them... C&C, RA, RA2:YR, Renegade, Generals. Funnily enough I've lost (or permamently loaned...) ALL the CD's except the C&C music track one. So this collection is rather compelling...

Something random. At one point in my Generals playing career (which wasn't that long) I got in the top 10 on the ladder. That happened to be right after a big hacker purge, I went from ~30 to ~8 , and I played GLA nearly exclusively because GLA had awesome do-or-die rushes, I could take out nearly any USA or GLA player in about 5 minutes with technical terror rushes. China (rather overpowered when I was playing) was more problematic and pretty much came down to mass scorpions... MASS scorpions. Those chinese gatling tanks were ultra overpowered.

Comment

Didn't care too much for the others, after RA2, games like that, just became too much, too complicated. RA2 struck the best balance imo.
      Agreed. The more complexity they keep adding, generally the less fun the game is. There's only so much I can focus on at one time in an RTS, and if I have to spend all my time trying to manage fifteen different options as opposed to, you know, actually planning my attacks, I'm probably not going to enjoy it
      I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

I don't follow those who say the games later than RA2 were too complicated... the only later (strategy) game was Generals, yes? Generals cannot be said to be complicated. While the resource model is slightly more complex (3 options for income) they are all set and forget, no need to babysit harvesters. And the attacking often came down to amassing a big blob of units, especially like mass scorpions vs China/GLA and mass Paladins vs GLA/USA.

I'm not a good microer (ie I get destroyed in Warcraft3) but I did very well at Generals because it is a pretty good strategy game rather than micro game.

edit: If you're talking about RA2: Yuri's Revenge, then there I would agree. To me that expansion didn't enhance RA2 as a strategy game. It mostly just added a lot of weird stuff, and I feel reduced the flexibility of the soviets by Yuri stealing half their good late game stuff like Cloning Vats.

Comment

I got the game and installed it yesterday. I´ve never played the original C & C so I was surprised over how "modern" the game looked for a game 11 years old. It must´ve been really high-tech back then. I then jumped straight into RA2 and started a game as the soviets. Let´s crush the american imperialist dogs under the mighty soviet boot! MWHAHAHA
          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Working...
          X