Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FG: Galactic Overlord 14: Return of the Unbeaten Champion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more hour until the update.
    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• That's what I was thinking!
      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• Did I win yet?

Comment

• Sorry guys, been busy today. I'll do the update first thing in the morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ljube
            It all depends on how you define the odds, the stake, and the win.
            Based on horse racing in the US, civman is correctly setting the odds. You always get your stake back, so 3:5 odds means you bet 5 to win (5+3).

For example, Secretariat was at one point in his career favored with odds of 1:10 (!!) ... and ended up losing that race ... later on given 3:10 odds at another race ... lost that one as well. Apparently he didn't like being overly favored

However, Ljube's quite right when it comes to setting odds on the "underdog". They should be quite high odds, to encourage a bet on the loser.

I'd probably set joncha's odds at 2:5 myself, or even 1:5, to discourage betting on him, and then increase Jonny's odds a bit to 7:1 or something, if you truly believe that Joncha's a near lock; otherwise, 2:5 and 3:1 are quite reasonable.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• What odds would you put on an update happening sometime today?
              ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Originally posted by joncha
                What odds would you put on an update happening sometime today?
                I'll give 7.3:1

Comment

• Bizarre Contest

This was truly the contest who would make up a more bizarre order of battle. I think they both deserve an award for special accomplishments in the field of awkwardness.

Mr. Y attacks! Kit Chuss

Mr. Y: 14LT, 27FT, 25TT, 5LD, 1FD, 1TD, 6LB, 2FB, 2TB, 2LF, 2FF, 2TF, OoB: TMF-FTL, spread out, to the death
                  Kit Chuss: 30LT, 12FT, 41TT, 10LD, 5LB, 1FB, 1FF, OoB: LLT-MTF, close in

These two sets of orders deserve a couple of comments.

First, Mr. Y failed to set his tactical option 1 to back off in spite of the fact he had only one L in his OoB. This is a grave error.
                  Second, he stockpiled 1 BP for later. A strange decision before the showdown which he initiated by attacking Kit Chuss.

But barring that, his OoB was OK, if not the composition of his fleet.

Kit Chuss came up with an exceptionally poor OoB. Newbies, this is what an OoB for a decisive battle is not supposed to look like.

First he could not resist the temptation to build only lasers and achieve a symmetrical total tonnage of 205L, 64F and 205T.

Second, he put his main weapons, lasers, up front and forgot to include spread out, which put his main assault force in jeopardy of being annihilated by torpedoes. Indeed, if Mr. Y had just backed off, the spearhead of Chuss' attack would have been blunted to such an extent that he would have lost easily.

Third and most important lesson. After putting his main assault force up front, he puts his torpedoes next, and then in the fourth round he manoeuvres these torpedoes. But as the battle will show, by the time he attempted to manoeuvre them they existed no more!!!!

Comment

• Oops.

Comment

• Torpedoes perished in the third round and Mr. Y scored a lot of hits in rounds 4-6.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Oops again.

Comment

• But it was really the failure of Mr. Y to back off that clinched the battle.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Final three rounds. Mr. Y is destroyed.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Had Mr. Y set his tactical option 1 to back off, he would have won easily with many many ships to spare.

Had the above been true, but Kit set his tactical option 2 to spread out, he would have lost still, although he would have dealt more damage to Mr. Y.

Comment

• This game is not over yet, Jonny can still fight if he prefers to do so.

Comment

Working...
                                X