No announcement yet.

StarCraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• most ladder games last around 15-25min-ish. 30-40 min games are considered long and anything beyond 1+ hour is considered drawn out and tedious.
    :-p

Comment

• well I still havent done MP - my PC did funny things when I tried to get onto battlenet. I suppose I could have pursued it further, here or with Blizzard, but it wasnt really something that important to me.

Instead ive continued with SP. The Zerg scen where you have to stop the dark templars from escaping was pretty good - you could NOT (at least with my level of skill) simply sit there turtle up. My impression was that you not only had to protect the escape sites, but you really did have to come out and attach the Protoss.

Ive since started the next scen, where you have to take a drone to the crystals.

Seems intermediate - you want to move to the second big resource area relatively quickly, but if you come out too fast (whcih i did the first time i played it) you will get weakened -so, i was too weak when the first carrier arrived. Im not sure if you want to turtle up for a long time, or just somewhat longer.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Originally posted by lord of the mark
        Instead ive continued with SP. The Zerg scen where you have to stop the dark templars from escaping was pretty good - you could NOT (at least with my level of skill) simply sit there turtle up. My impression was that you not only had to protect the escape sites, but you really did have to come out and attach the Protoss.

Ive since started the next scen, where you have to take a drone to the crystals.

Seems intermediate - you want to move to the second big resource area relatively quickly, but if you come out too fast (whcih i did the first time i played it) you will get weakened -so, i was too weak when the first carrier arrived. Im not sure if you want to turtle up for a long time, or just somewhat longer.
        I remember that, when I played SC SP so long ago, these were probably (IMO) the hardest scenarios in the game. It was like a one-two punch of difficulty. They were fun, but hard. The mission that I consider to be most annoying in the whole game is actually one of the late protoss ones; I belive it's the only protoss vs. protoss one, and the enemy protoss will not stop putting every one of your goddamn units in stasis. My units spent, on average, more time in stasis than actually doing stuff. Plus, without real air superiority (you can only get scouts, and one of the protoss camps just spams dragoons), you can't hunt down the arbiters, either.

As far as the scenario you're on, I find that the best way to go about it is to turtle at least until you have 2 groups each of hydras and 'lings, and have a spire so you can build scourges. Cheap units are the best option against the protoss; mutalisks and ultralisks are pretty worthless against scouts and reavers, respectively, which will waste your limited resources. Using the guardian/mutalisk "air crawl" strategy is also probably too resource-intensive for this scenario. If you can take out the enemy reavers, zerglings once upgraded fully are very cost-effective ways of crippling protoss bases, and scouts (and even carriers) are taken down easily by a mass of hydras. Just keep 6 or so scourges handy if the carriers do come; that's the best way to handle the situation.
        Lime roots and treachery!
        "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

well I still havent done MP - my PC did funny things when I tried to get onto battlenet. I suppose I could have pursued it further, here or with Blizzard, but it wasnt really something that important to me.
          I sent Blizz an email saying you were a leet haxxor with a pirated version of the game and they should in no circumstances let you on to Bnet.

Comment

• im now on the last Zerg scen, "Full Circle" and THATS hard. I try to expand against the teal Protess to the west, and take those resources, and i get hit before im quite ready by yellow carriers. This is a map with lots of minerals, and I think the strategy here is to turtle up for quite some time, using lots of spore colonies. I thought it was worth expanding for the V gas, but after restarting and trying a second time, ive come to the conclusion that V gas source starts the scen depleted, so its not worth it. Better not to expand till youre good and ready, and close to out of minerals. Websites suggest using guardians+hydras.

I prefer fewer and stronger units, cause the interface (max 12 units in a formation) makes that easier.
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• taking out the toss guy is fairly tough, once you've done that the level is for all intent and purposes over since the terran ai isn't so great.

you must learn the art of the band select/ attack move technique if you are to advance, but 400 zerglings would die against the toss setup so that level is not the place to learn it.

Comment

• Generally speaking, hydras + guardians is the best way to take out the protoss in those advanced scenarios. I find that the terran air sucks enough that you can go mutas + guardians to avoid siege tanks, unless they have valkyries, in which case you avoid mutas like the plague.
                "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

• finished that scen, with hydras and guardians. Was one of the Archons I killed Tassadar? Happened so fast, didnt notice.

Now almost done with first Protoss scen.

Comment

finished that scen, with hydras and guardians. Was one of the Archons I killed Tassadar?
                    Nope. You'll be seeing more of him soon.

Comment

• Comment

• Yup, Ive met Tassadar again. Im now in the third Protoss scenario, and im hoping to get this wrapped up soon. I trust there will be a clever ending involving both Tassadar and Kerrigan, whom I havent seen for a while.

Comment

Yup, Ive met Tassadar again. Im now in the third Protoss scenario, and im hoping to get this wrapped up soon. I trust there will be a clever ending involving both Tassadar and Kerrigan, whom I havent seen for a while.
                          well i got to see Raynor again. Gad, this is getting tedious.

Comment

• Tass
                            The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

• I finally finished the scen where you find and rescue Tass and Raynor. First time ive seen a maze scenario turn into a build scenario. Clever, but the building was tedious. Havent played much, as my gaming time has mainly gone for Victoria.

Id actually give this game up now, but im obsessive enough to want to finish. I hope the story is worth it.

Comment

• Ok, ive finally figured out an exploit that should make this scenario winnable.

Comment

Working...
                                X