X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FG Nuclear War 30

Rules:

Nuclear War

Each player starts with 3 cities, and may perform 1 order each turn. Orders should be sent to the GM by PM.

(When orders has been sent, please post a “sent” msg in the thread, to make sure the GM has received the order).

If you don’t send any orders for a turn, you won't be auto-set to do something (The GM won't deflect for you, the GM won't do anything for you... ), and since the GM posts a msg from time to time in the forum about who still needs to send orders, people can see who’s open for nuking, so be sure to send them. You can send the GM a default order, if you wish, but I recommend that you send a queue.

If you don’t send your orders, there will be consequences, unless you can come up with a good reason BEFORE you’re missing your orders (i.e. if you’re going on vacation tell us BEFORE you leave, not when you get home)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # of turns missed: Consequences:
    1: nothing
    2: You’ll lose one city this round
    3: You’ll lose two cities this round
    4: ---------you get Wasted--------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Each turn takes about 24 hours (Ending at 10 AM GMT each day) (Though there might be some changes, so don’t count on it being ready every day at this time... maybe it’ll be earlier, maybe later). If the GM has received all orders before time runs out, the turn has ended and he'll post the results early.

You will be able to change your orders up until one hour before the end of the turn.

Spy missions don't count as orders: e.g. you can sabotage an enemy and nuke him in the same turn. Each player starts with zero spies. You can send out multiple spies per turn if you have them.

Orders:

Launch Nukes:
    The player can launch two nukes. The nukes can be launched at different players or they can be launched to the same player, depending on preference.

Stockpile Nukes: *
    When stockpiling nukes you can launch 2-4 nukes instead of 2 at a time. You can't stockpile stockpiled nukes, the max # of nukes is 4. You don't have to use the stockpiled nukes the following turn. If you've got stockpiled nukes and want to nuke someone, but also keep the stockpiled nukes, you may.

Deflect: *
    When deflecting nukes to a certain player, every second nuke to arrive that turn will be deflected to another player (Which has to be included in the orders). The nukes which get deflected is: 1, 3, 5… while 2, 4, 6… will hit

Hide in bunker: *
    Each player starts with one bunker. When used, ALL nukes fired at you are destroyed (Not deflected), and all spies sent against you are killed (caught by the guards). After one use, the bunker is unavailable, unless rebuilt.

Build a Bunker: *
    Gives you another bunker to use (up to a max of 2).

Train a new spy: *
    Just like it sounds. (No-one starts with any spies) Up to a maximum of 3.

Build City:
    You get one extra city. (No more than 5 cities can be built, this is not ICS).

Sabotage (Spy):
    When using sabotage on another player, the other players orders will be cancelled. This kills the spy used. Sabotage does not work on bunkers; stockpiled nukes launches that are sabotaged lose the stockpile involved.

All orders marked with a * sign shall be referred to as "unknown projects" unless they specifically come into play that turn.

If you post a "sent" msg in the thread, but the GM doesn't recieve any orders, he'll auto-set you to whatever you want your 'default' orders to be - send them with your first orders (Of course he'll send you a msg that he didn't recieve your orders)

The only orders that can be combined are Sabotage with any other order. Stockpile cannot be combined with deflect, for instance.

The winner is the last one left alive. If noone is left alive then the game is a draw.
    Set up to follow.
    Last edited by joncha; December 3, 2005, 02:23.
    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

A Conspiracy of Events

Once upon a time, the ancient land of Forum Games was home to many rival lords who, while often involved in many minor schemes and skirmishes with one another, kept mostly to their own small holdings. One of the more successful lords, however, had greater ambitions than those of his fellows.

"By rights I am a king!" he proclaimed, and set out to make it so.

Some of the other lords grumbled and decried the hubris of the self proclaimed Forum Games king. Others, noting his prowess and pointing to his past victories, rushed to his banner. Most, however, kept to their lordly holdings still, and did not concern themselves overly with the schemings of others.

Such would have been the state of Forum Games even now, had not a curious event occured...

One day there appeared a great ship in the sky, bringing with it an evolved and powerful people. The newcomers offered great wealth and knowledge, and sought to unite the various factions on an equal basis.

The king, however, was jealous of the people of the event, and vowed never to allow them to do with gifts what he could not through force of arms. He knew that their powers greatly exceeded his own, so he hatched a cunning plan: he would denounce the interlopers and withdraw himself from the daily life of Forum Games. Through those lords still loyal to him, the king spread spurious rumours of conspiracy and of the newcomers' ill intent. Through his puppets he demanded that any gifts the aliens bestowed be given not collectively but separately to each and every lord.

The king's schemes had the desired effect: far from uniting Forum Games, the gifts of the event were used by the lordlings to enhance their own power bases. Much conflict and strife ensued.

Confused and chagrined, the visitors decided it best to withdraw and allow the lords to work things out on their own. The king, of course, tried to reap the rewards of the schemes that he had sewn, but events had moved far too quickly for he, and had taken on a life of their own. The lords, having now realised the full extent of their new powers, were loath to give them up. Eschewing the great and peaceful potential of their gifts, their eyes turned instead to spies and shields and bunkers and...

Nuclear War!!1

~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Sent! Thanks Joncha!

May the last man standing be carrying a very large stick for the roaches
      Play hangman.

Comment

For some reason victory conditions are still absent from the rules.

Comment

I just copied what was there. The victory conditions for NW are obvious, though, aren't they?

Comment

I have only 2/12 orders with about 11 hours to go. I probably won't be able to get to an update until a few hours after that, but I will be UDWOTing mercilessly.

Comment

Well in that case my orders be sealed with a wax emblem and placed in a pidgeon carrier flying directly to my military commanders.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

sent1

Comment

4/12 received

Comment

Originally posted by joncha
                    I just copied what was there. The victory conditions for NW are obvious, though, aren't they?

It would be nice to have them explicitly stated for the benefit of those less talented.

Comment

I believe the victory conditions are self-evident. Since you clearly disagree, why don't you provide some? I'll edit them into the rules so that the next GM won't have to worry about confusing you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski

The winner is the last one left alive. If noone is left alive then the
                        game is a draw.

Who are we to rewrite Jamski's rules?

Comment

sent

Comment

Originally posted by Ljube

Originally posted by Jamski

The winner is the last one left alive. If noone is left alive then the
                            game is a draw.

Who are we to rewrite Jamski's rules?
                            Looks good to me.

In other news, I have only 6/12 orders. I shall UDWOT at midnight Vancouver time (GMT -8, I believes). That means you have less than 40 minutes.

Comment

All orders are frozen. I am processing the turn now.

Comment

Working...
                              X