Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOE III is released

Who is going to get this game?
    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Not me, not with Civ4 next week dude.
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

probably not me...

I've been playing it single player so far...

it is decent, but after I build up some home cities XP and beat the campaigns, there is no replay value... and I have no interest in MP
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I heard it isn't that good.
        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

I've played a few campaign missions and a few skirmish battles, but was bored to death. I haven't played the game this week yet, and I doubt I will ever play it again (I'm pretty sure I wont touch it if my computer can run Civ IV)
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Doesn't bode well for theAOE series.

I played AOE II to death.
            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Well the only way it could live up to AOE2 was to become the next big MP RTS game, but most reports seem to suggest the MP isn't that hot.

My plan is to give it a miss, as Quake4 and Civ4 is going to be more than enough.

Comment

To people who have played it: Do you think there is any other reason to buy than pretty graphics? Is tactical combat better than it was in RoN?

Comment

Other than for the pretty graphics there's really not much to come after. I didn't really like the combat in this game, but I guess the problem lies more in how it feels than how it is
                  I had "high" hopes for the "home city" part, but it just fails. The cards are boring and you get to use them too often. I want the cards to have a 'huge' effect on the game, instead of just recieving a few settlers, some wood or some soldiers. Sure there are a few cards that can change how the game is played, but only little (like allowing you to built 2 more towers higher than the limit)
                  Also the nations in the game doesn't really differ much. I haven't noticed any difference while playing (though I haven't tried all nations). Some of the differences seems kinda pointless for me, like the russians (?) can't build 1 settler at a time, but has to build 3, but the price is almost the same as buying 3
                  I haven't played MP (and doubt I ever will), so I can't say how great this game performs there, but I seriously can't see how MP can save this game
                  This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I'm going to buy it.

I like how I can now que up 5 units per slot and they all get built at once.
                    Don't rule me out when I'm losing. Save your celebration until after I'm gone.

Comment

Other than for the pretty graphics there's really not much to come after. I didn't really like the combat in this game, but I guess the problem lies more in how it feels than how it is
                      I had "high" hopes for the "home city" part, but it just fails. The cards are boring and you get to use them too often. I want the cards to have a 'huge' effect on the game, instead of just recieving a few settlers, some wood or some soldiers. Sure there are a few cards that can change how the game is played, but only little (like allowing you to built 2 more towers higher than the limit)
                      Also the nations in the game doesn't really differ much. I haven't noticed any difference while playing (though I haven't tried all nations). Some of the differences seems kinda pointless for me, like the russians (?) can't build 1 settler at a time, but has to build 3, but the price is almost the same as buying 3
                      Sounds like they ripped off all the worst parts of RoN

No way I'm buying it.

Comment

Originally posted by VJ

Sounds like they ripped off all the worst parts of RoN

No way I'm buying it.
                        And you guys are going to let Sava determind what games you like and don't like. Yes I have bought some loser in my life, but I don't allow anyone to dictate to me on what game I will buy.

Comment

This not suppose to happen

Comment

Nothing here

Comment

Nothing here

Comment

Working...
                              X