Guild Wars - Third Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kassiopeia
    That's just because DrSpike is some sort of purist curmudgeon.
    The problem is too many people used these gimped "I wannabe an x" builds, and it irritates me. Just play x to start with ffs! At least accept that it's weaker if you do it for roleplaying purposes. Actually if I'm honest its the lack of understanding of synergies that irritates me. A great skill added in a build that doesn't naturally accommodate it (and can be provided more effectively elsewhere in the group) should not be on your bar. I guess that does make me a purist.

No (all PvE, in PvP selective gimping is a highly refined art), your gimped fast casting air spiker does not do more dmg than a proper build. No, your gimped fast casting meteor shower is not better than a proper ele. No, your gimped assassin barrager is not better than a real barrager. No, your gimped E/Mo is not a better healer than a monk. No, your gimped N/Mo is not a better healer than a monk. No, your gimped Mo/E with a few smiting skills does not do more dmg than an ele. No, your R/E should not take meteor shower. No, your W/x should not try to do dps at the expense of tanking. No, your gimped assassin with a few crappy shadow arts skills does not make the best tank even if you give him tactics and a shield.

I'm holding off on adding Ritualists to the list as I haven't played one yet (only class). However, if I do I doubt I'll play dps as if I wanted to do dps I would play a dps class (see above). Thus Me/Rit can probably be added to the gimp list. Oh, and I wont play one as a healer either. If I wanted to play a healer I'd (did you guess it) play my monk. The build I plan to try uses the unique abilities of the ritualist to add something new to the group, something the other classes can't do better anyway. Fancy that!

Ok, rant over.

Comment

• Well I think its clear a secondary to be effective needs to compliment the primary skills, not replace them

Although a Rit/Mo is not a bad healer Not as good as a Mo/Me but still better than a lot of classes with XX/mo.......

But thats just me
      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Originally posted by conmcb25
        Well I think its clear a secondary to be effective needs to compliment the primary skills, not replace them
        You'd think.

Originally posted by conmcb25
        Although a Rit/Mo is not a bad healer Not as good as a Mo/Me but still better than a lot of classes with XX/mo.......

But thats just me
        What do you gain to compensate you for the loss of divine favour? Nothing really except a few crappy skills that aren't as good as healing prayers skills anyway. Rit/Mo is actually double gimped! Even E/Mo and N/Mo can argue that although they are gimped they have excellent energy management.

Comment

• Not sure specifically but for keeping one alive the Rit/Mo is actually quite good. (At least the one I play with does a bang up job of it)

But then I agree energy wise the E/mo and N/mo are better.
          *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• What's your skill bar?

Comment

• My N/mo only has one Monk Skill with him: Rebirth
              Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

• This is acceptable.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
                  What's your skill bar?
                  No idea my buddy plays it. Actually its UnOrthOdOx

And for the record when I play my warrior, I have all warrior skills, except rebirth and depending upon the mobs/ teamates maybe live vicariously or mend. Same on my Ranger who runs virtually all ranger skills. The first secondary change for my warrior is going to be ranger and the first secondary change for my Ranger is going to be warrior because I am seeing more and more how those can compliment each other. I dont think I have run any monk spells on my ranger in months

Comment

• My Mo/W currently only keeps sprint from the warrior skills. It's good for getting to someone hurt in a hurry or escaping. Just wish it was under Tactics rather than Strength.

When I replay my E/R, I'm going to initially focus on the ranger the skills, since Es are weak until the higher levels.
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Now that I'm in Europe I'm debating about moving servers and guilds. Any guilds looking for another?

I primarily play a ranger. Lately in alliance battles.

Comment

• We'll happily accept another. We have about 20 active players, and play GvG, HA, AB and PvE all the time.

Message me ingame for a trial (I'm not an officer, but I'll put in a good word for you)

Character name Florianna Mu
                        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Dragon Festival has started, I made about 10K last night selling "jade wind orbs" to the fools who didn't realize the quests to get the orbs started in about 2 hours

Comment

• You all bored of Guild Wars?

Thread has been pretty quiet lately........

Comment

• The crew I usually play with has suffered some hardware related difficulties. One guy's headset stopped working and another's power supply fried.
                              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Taking a break here. Factions doesn't really have the same appeal Prophecies did on release for me - partly because it's not as good and partly because it's always easier to attract people with a new concept.

I'll still play a Rit before the next x-pack though, at least if they deliver on the purchaseable slots as they have announced.

Comment

Working...
                                X