Guild Wars - Third Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MeRit
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Well, I just wrote a lenthy tale of my quest for althea's ashes and my trip to Yaks, but lost it all.

The summary is: Are henchmen smarter than most players you group with?
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• The answer is yes. With emphasis on "most".

Comment

• Henchmen have guarenteed predictable responses which you can learn and then rely upon. I find a team with 2 humans and 6 henchies to be very effective if one human is a "tank" and the other human can keep the henchie back to control aggro.
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Ralph
            The answer is yes. With emphasis on "most".
            Ditto

I am at the point where I hench or group with guildies. PUG's are evil
            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• I just remembered my frust with my ranger in Elona Reach, as documented at the last page of thread 2. I had wasted a whole weekend, that is about 20 hours, getting PUGs together and doing this mission again and again without success. Mostly wipes, or players just out for capturing and breaking up after that (usually monks).

After this, I took 5 henchies and did it without breaking in sweat, ending with 6% boost and ample time left (mission has a 30 min timer). Nobody died, not even a henchie, and only once I had to resurrect my pet.

Yea, the henchman AI is smarter than the average GW player by a long shot.

Comment

• MY FACTIONS IS IN THE POST! HURRAH! HURRAH!
                Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamski
                  Henchmen have guarenteed predictable responses which you can learn and then rely upon. I find a team with 2 humans and 6 henchies to be very effective if one human is a "tank" and the other human can keep the henchie back to control aggro.
                  QFT.

Henchies focus better than 95% of human groups, but getting the tank to run alone into battle is near impossible, which means that aggro control is weak with 1 human and 7 henchies.

However, you still need humans for some of the missions (particularly in Factions), because the hench builds lack in firepower.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kassiopeia
                    MY FACTIONS IS IN THE POST! HURRAH! HURRAH!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Ralph
                      I just remembered my frust with my ranger in Elona Reach, as documented at the last page of thread 2. I had wasted a whole weekend, that is about 20 hours, getting PUGs together and doing this mission again and again without success. Mostly wipes, or players just out for capturing and breaking up after that (usually monks).

After this, I took 5 henchies and did it without breaking in sweat, ending with 6% boost and ample time left (mission has a 30 min timer). Nobody died, not even a henchie, and only once I had to resurrect my pet.

Yea, the henchman AI is smarter than the average GW player by a long shot.
                      I've seen a R/Mo solo run that mission, very impressive and no pug or henchies needed
                      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Running Elona's is actually pretty easy. Compared to even a mildly tough run like Rankor - DWC it's a walk in the park.

Comment

• I think my first character will be a MeRit. I mean, MeRit! I love it.

Is there any online source I could use to plan out a build? Like a list of skills for the new classes and the new skills for the old classes with info on what they do?

Comment

• Well I didn't "run" it, I actually fought all mobs the honest way . Didn't do the bonus, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by conmcb25
                              I've seen a R/Mo solo run that mission, very impressive and no pug or henchies needed
                              How have you seen him if he was solo? Did they change the "all instanced" concept?

Comment

• Maybe they did a video out of it?

Comment

Working...
                                X