No announcement yet.

Guild Wars - Third Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By the way, that running (and how nearly everyone does it), either as shortcut to towns where you're not yet supposed to be, or through missions, was one of the things that killed the game for me. Why bother doing quests and playing the game the way it is supposed to, if you can "run" it nearly everywhere or, if your class is too fragile to run, you can hire a runner for a few measly gold (they nicely undercut each other).

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Ralph

How have you seen him if he was solo? Did they change the "all instanced" concept?
      He probably means he bought a run, died, and watched.

Comment

• Nah, we hung out near the Ghostly hero. We didn't do anything because the R/Mo did it all.

He did the hard side first (left side), then the middle. He ran off and a little bit later he was back with the crystal.

He is a guildie, so I have the build and basically what he does, my Ranger however has been very neglected and is still at the beginning of the South Shiverpeaks, so it will be a while before I attempt it
        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Ralph
          By the way, that running (and how nearly everyone does it), either as shortcut to towns where you're not yet supposed to be, or through missions, was one of the things that killed the game for me. Why bother doing quests and playing the game the way it is supposed to, if you can "run" it nearly everywhere or, if your class is too fragile to run, you can hire a runner for a few measly gold (they nicely undercut each other).
          Sure the first time thru I agree with you. But now that I have done Elona, the "honest Way" at least 2 dozen times, I have no problem with people with second or thrid toons being run.

Sir Ralph, loosen up dude. The game can be played many ways Enjoy it the way you want to enjoy it and let others enjoy it the way they want to enjoy it. Don't let the actions of others spoil your fun.

Doing the bonus is peasy, the "honest way". Starting out from the Ghostly hero go to the left side, defeat the enemy, grab crystal and follow the back way to the second crystal on the "right" or towards the center. Grab crsytal 2, proceed to the third area, the bonus area, defeat that mob activate the bonus, then fight back along that right wall. At the last mob everyone agroos the mob except the two crystal bearers, who dash for the hero. Perspectives are taken from the Ghostly Hero looking at the area of conflict. I can usually get it done plus the bonus in around 25 minutes that way.

As long as you are doing it with guildies or the rare group who knows how to listen

Some people can hench it, Im not quite that good,
          *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• My freind got my warrior to ascend at level 8 or so...

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• at 8? bah ... that's why they nerfed the "20 once you ascend" rule. If you ascend at 8, why bother playing the game?
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• yeah, it was nerfed when I ascended

my character is only level 17 right now

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Go back and play the game for real
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
                    Go back and play the game for real
                    What does that mean? If someone is on there fourth toon thru and wants to skip part of the game, why is that bad?

I hate the jungle. After slogging thru with my under level 20 warrior/xx, all the rest of my toons have been run to Sanctum at about level 17 or 18. Then I get ascended and go back AND do the jungle at level 20.

Its the way I play, why is that bad? If ANET didn't want that to happen they would have cut off the connection between Sanctum and TOA. Or cut off the connection Between Beacons and Camp Rancor.

Comment

• I agree. After my first 3 characters I rushed as much as possible.

However, I think Snoopy was replying to Jon, who doesn't look like he played the game properly to start with.

Comment

• Originally posted by conmcb25
                        Sir Ralph, loosen up dude. The game can be played many ways Enjoy it the way you want to enjoy it and let others enjoy it the way they want to enjoy it. Don't let the actions of others spoil your fun.
                        You forget that pretty much the main purpose of the game is PvP fights. It has a strong competitive component. Fighting in the Ascalon arena or in Lion's Arch in armor from Droknar's Forge has nothing to do with enjoying, it's cheating. So this running crap puts you in a vast advantage and to remain competitive you enforce me to do it also. Thanks but no.

Comment

• Well, only little girls fight in the low arenas anyway.

Comment

• Would the l33t k1dz please stay out of the discussion of the little girls then?

Comment

• Too much fun baiting you.

Comment

• Took my Mo/W to the arena for the first time yesterday. Basically made it a pure healer with some def, and a bane signet (to finish off weak guys or to counter oppo. monk's who use Resurrect). It was much more enjoyable as an ele, where I often felt like I wasn't contributing much. Now I'm a healing machine.

Also, I spent more time in pre-searing with this character. I doing all the quests but 2 or 3 that were just too far out of the way for me to bother at that time. I even did Gwen's quest, which netted me a reward that atm is pretty useless.
                                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                                X