Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Black and White.

Originally posted by MosesPresley
    I loved this game when it first came out. I couldn't stop playing.
    I bet you like The Sims too.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Hey what's wrong with the sims? I'm sorry if you didn't get it.

I made a neighborhood based on some classic 70's TV shows. All in the Family, Sanford and Son etc.
      "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
      —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

You answered your own question.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
          You answered your own question.
          There's more to life than military styled games.
          "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Comment

All my Avatars always ended up big time village care givers and massive death dealers to the enemy. Why? That's what it always saw me doing. Taking care of my villages, growing trees and fields, and punishing those wicked heathens! I could teach it to do everything but toss its poo out to sea or at the enemy. It just never learned that.

As a village toy, it's not to bad. As a digital pet (the avatar), it's a bit of a snore. On the higher levels, you are so busy, you cannot train your wee avatar.

But hey, it's B&W. Does better at first impressions then at long term playing. A lot of games are like that.
            -Darkstar
            (Knight Errant Of Spam)

Comment

Originally posted by MosesPresley

Hey what's wrong with the sims? I'm sorry if you didn't get it.
              Oh, I got it fine.

Why would I want to play a game where the "characters" are thrusted into the rat race, just so that they can buy more and more things?

I do that everyday already. When I play a game I want to get away from it.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Oh, I got it fine.

Why would I want to play a game where the "characters" are thrusted into the rat race, just so that they can buy more and more things?

I do that everyday already. When I play a game I want to get away from it.
                Don't go hating on me because you don't like your life.

Comment

Besides, Sims isn't a rat race. I let my sims blossom to make the most of their underachieving potential.

My sims are satires of real life. Hence the basis on old tv shows or friends of mine. I love it when one of my friends sees himself in my game and what I have done to him. Dressed as a slob or fat as a hog. Sometimes its funny.

Anyway, this is a B&W thread.

If you throw a dead villager into a transporter, you will get a walking skeleton. Now if you take that walking skeleton and transport it to the next land, it will become an immortal villager. It will have skin, but never die of old age.

Comment

The Sims 2 is fun

Comment

Originally posted by Blake
                      The Sims 2 is fun
                      Sims 2 is a lot of fun. I wish they had some objects for the less affluent though. I would like to see some trailers or a broken down car with no tires and on blocks to put in the driveway. Things like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Blake
                        The Sims 2 is fun
                        It's too easy to get the all promotions for a job with university though. In my last game one of the sims had a lifetime wish to be the best cook ever, 2 days after coming home from the uni she got to the end of the cooking career, and now she's platinum all the time... also almost maxed out in all skills
                        Been a long time since I played the game though

The game should have been much tougher... and maybe have a scoring at the end of a sims life, so your alive sims can compete with other not-so-alive sims
                        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

If it was tougher and had competitive elements it would lose its main demographic.

Comment

They could easily make it adjustable as most games has (easy, medium, hard)

Also they should include more ways to kill "retire" the sims
                            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Just watch my girlfriend or her friend play the Sims2. You would actually think the game challenging then. People starve and get depressed and such. Babies get taken away due to neglect. This says more about their skill relative to ours though.
                              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Note to Skanky: Don't plan on having a family.

Comment

Working...
                                X