No announcement yet.

Your experiences with the Paradox Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. I like the history forums. Theyre very good, if sometime a bit quiet.

2. Like the francophone forums. I can lurk, and practice my French. Ive only posted an introduction post on them, though

3. Generally responsive on gameplay questions. Though the most informed guys on the EU2 board are a tad obsessive about certain things. Goes with the territory, I suppose.

4. Yes theyre serious. Again, I suppose such serious games, dont draw as much of a sense of humor as Civ does.

5. Community - Im not sure. Havent been around long enough - and ive mainly posted to EU2, which is not a recent game. Havent posted to OT at all

6. There seem to be about 7 or 8 lurkers who are checking out Whither Spain each time I post a section(in the EU2 AAR forum), but no one is commenting on it
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

I presume thats the AGC-EEP mod. Guev seems to pretty active in that.
      Bingo, a pretty good mod I might add
      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
        1. I like the history forums. Theyre very good, if sometime a bit quiet.
        Me too, but I seldom visits, I just forget it mostly...

3. Generally responsive on gameplay questions. Though the most informed guys on the EU2 board are a tad obsessive about certain things. Goes with the territory, I suppose.

Yeah, they rock on that part. Good response, never minds answering the same questions time after time, and seldom any noob bashing, if ever.

4. Yes theyre serious. Again, I suppose such serious games, dont draw as much of a sense of humor as Civ does.

The community is different, but if you haven't seen any of the humour, you have seriously missed something! Different and more serious thry might be, but the mod humour especially is fantastic! Check out their magnificent OT forum(much better than poly's), you'll see plenty of their humour there.

5. Community - Im not sure. Havent been around long enough - and ive mainly posted to EU2, which is not a recent game. Havent posted to OT at all

Good community, but the spirit is not as close and good between as many users as poly's. But mainly I think it's just that the forum is different than poly, not that it's v
        worse. Go visit the OT though, it's very good, as I said above.

6. There seem to be about 7 or 8 lurkers who are checking out Whither Spain each time I post a section(in the EU2 AAR forum), but no one is commenting on it
        The AAR forums are very active, but EU2 is 4 or 5 years old now. It was very active before, but now it has cooled off at that part of the AAR forums. But try visit f.ex. HoI2's AAR forum, there you'll find plenty of activity and some kickass good AARs, no matter whether you like HoI2 as a game or not. CK's forum is a bit more quiet than HoI2's, and has fewer real good AARs, but you'll find some masterpieces there too, more recently The Yogi's and EdT's.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Read the forum rules and stick with them. Apart from that do whatever you feel like. Don't let the trolls in OT bait you...

And watch out for that Admin guy Havard. He's a real *******...

(Yeah, I'm late... But I don't check by here that often)
          --
          Editing EU2? Get the Exhaustive Bible of Event Scripting, Scenario Editing Guide and more...
          Hacking HoI? Visit Havards HoI Hacking Haven!

Comment

I don't think you are that bad Havard.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

I dont know what happened but I have not seen you being a horses arse Harvard

Although I haven't been over there in a while.
              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25
                I dont know what happened but I have not seen you being a horses arse Harvard

Although I haven't been over there in a while.
                I can be really mean to people who misspell my name...
                --
                Editing EU2? Get the Exhaustive Bible of Event Scripting, Scenario Editing Guide and more...
                Hacking HoI? Visit Havards HoI Hacking Haven!

Comment

*snip*being a horses arse Harvard
                  I can be really mean to people who misspell my name...
                  -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                  -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

What if I try with Håvard? I guess that's more like the real first name of yours?

Comment

Working...
                    X