Your experiences with the Paradox Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your experiences with the Paradox Forums

Ive finally made my initial post on the paradox boards, so this seems as good a time as any to ask for your general thoughts about them, how best to use them, etc.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Paradox's forums are the most informative I've experienced. The veterans are some of the most informed, mature, and helpful around. The only frustration w/ their forums is they are unavailable sometimes because the server is too busy, or because it's down.
    "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
    I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
    --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

QFT

And the search function is actually working properly!

Note also that they're using vBulletin 3 while Poly has 2.0.3
      -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
      -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

I've learned a lot here at first. Later on, this forum is useful for boasting with your achievements and boosting your pc...
        "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
        I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
        Middle East!

Comment

Paradox has a nice site filled with very knowledgable people but I don't get a feeling of community there like you do on other boards.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Lets change it!
            I love You all
            Middle East!

Comment

I doubt.

Comment

You too, Serb
                Middle East!

Comment

Liar.

Comment

Informative, but the posters are as fun as a bucket of tar.
                    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Especially this General Ludd guy
                      Middle East!

Comment

Great forums, I haven't been there in months but for a while there I spent a bunch of time working on that huge mod that added all the vents and such.

I cant remember the name but the historical discussions we had and how we could script them in were great.
                        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

What game are you talking about exactly? Hearts of Iron (CORE mod)? Victoria (VIP mod)? Or perhaps HOI2 and Mod33?
                          I highly recomend Mod33 for Hearts of Iron 2. It brings so much to the vanilla game. It starts in 1933 and last till 1951. There are a lot of new techs and more important - hundreds and hundreds of new events. Few examples: Roosevelt could be killed and never become a president of the US. The commies could win in Germany and Hitler did not come to power, Scandinavia could be formed from Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland, later it can switch to monarchy (Allies), imperialism (AXIS) or Stalinism (no comments) all of the choices leads to further alike events, like riots, a civil war, Scandinavian GULAGs and probable British intervention in case of Stalinism in Scandinvia. And every such major switch has its further consequences and further development. Not to mention that almost all game values have been changed (IC, MP, etc). Divisions are way more expesive now (panzers = about 30 IC). Mobilization events have been added and so on. So, Mod33 changes HOI2 considerably. That mod makes HOI2 the game about real alternative history with sh!tloads of variations.

But that mod has one, but very serious drawback.
                          Yeah, it's FRENCH. Any French speaking HOI2 fans would enjoy it for sure:

Sorry for the OT.
                          Last edited by Serb; September 28, 2005, 10:27.

Comment

I was talking about EU2, thats the only Paradox game Ive played.
                            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25
                              Great forums, I haven't been there in months but for a while there I spent a bunch of time working on that huge mod that added all the vents and such.

I cant remember the name but the historical discussions we had and how we could script them in were great.
                              I presume thats the AGC-EEP mod. Guev seems to pretty active in that.
                              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                              X