No announcement yet.

Guild Wars 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrioring rots your brain. FACT. I could feel my IQ plummet when I played a W/Mo all the way to post-Searing.
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Hit "C-space", repeat. That will get a warrior through pre-searing and the first couple of missions. Then the game requires a little more thought and many warriors never adapt to the change, as this comes at the same time as a monk becomes an essentianl part of the party. For a while longer the warrior feels invincible still, although he might note a lot more blue numbers over his head... and then... they become less of a hassle, and more of a liability...
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• I object. As a monk, I really like it when somebody is kind enough to meatshield me. And it's much better when the warriors do so, because I have to heal them twice less than other chars. It saves mana, and makes me more useful in long fights.
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Interestingly, when forming FoW/UW groups I find good warriors the hardest to get. I don't think this is due to worst players playing warriors........it seems more likely that playing a warrior well at high level is tricky.

Thing is it goes full circle........you do want your warriors to charge in, it's just you want them to survive afterwards.

And of course groups who whinge at warriors for not following targets doesn't help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiffor
            I object. As a monk, I really like it when somebody is kind enough to meatshield me. And it's much better when the warriors do so, because I have to heal them twice less than other chars. It saves mana, and makes me more useful in long fights.
            Its when the warrior keeps charging in when the fight has just finished, Spiffor, with some crazy idea that the monk who's just been healing their ass off doesn't need to regen mana... or the warriors who think it would be nice to aggro that mob over there as well.
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Yeah, but that's the average dumbass warrior. He is a liability.

OTOH, the smart warrior (for example, a warrior who does have experience as a monk ) is a great boon for the party. If he has enemies around him, the eles can cast their area spells, and if he's the only one to take damage, the monks can focus on healing him efficiently.
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

• On a sidenote, today somebody in my group misspelled the word warrior as "worryer". Although this shows once more, that the average GW player is not the brightest, I liked this mistake a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamski

Anyone know where I found THIS little beauty of an encounter?
                  I've just reached that point, but I haven't dared to fight them yet. How did it go?

Comment

• Well, I just tried (after wiping out all the monsters in the area just to be sure), and it wasn't that difficult. Of course, I had 7 lvl15 henchies but still, it looked much worse than it really was.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
                      Interestingly, when forming FoW/UW groups I find good warriors the hardest to get. I don't think this is due to worst players playing warriors........it seems more likely that playing a warrior well at high level is tricky.
                      I really don't know what's tricky in...

- line up in the mob's way, don't let them pass
                      - stand firmly, don't run around
                      - pummel the mob(s) and have the healers keep you alive, while the eles, mesmers, necros and/or rangers do the killing.

It's a rather simple formula (in PvE, PvP is of course different). Unfortunately, many warriors even with level 20 and 1 million or more XP still believe, that they are the damage dealers.

I had a rather unpleasant experience in UW yesterday, in the doorway approaching the end of the first quest. Instead of lining up in the doorway, our warriors charged at a group of incoming aatxes, ended up pounding on the same, while the other two had the casters for breakfast. With mobs hitting for 250-350, I am a two hit wonder. Needless to say, that it was a wipe.

One of them was bragging all the time with his 2.3 M XP and called everyone noob. Well, I'd rather have him an ounce common sense than millions of experience.

Comment

• This is miserable. Why haven't you guys formed an Apolyton Guild already?

Comment

• Oh well, my Monk is called Kizuno Suhifu, on European servers. If you are in need of a player who has a hint of brains, you know where to find me

Comment

• I have three PvE characters.

1) Mytilma Elrad, E/Me, level 20 and mainly FoW/UW/SF biatch, responsible for half of the twinking costs for the lower characters.

2) Harovan Elrad, R/N, level 17 atm, about to leave Kryta. Responsible for the other half of twinking costs.

3) Azathal Elrad, Mo/W, level 11 atm, about to leave Ascalon and enter Shiverpeaks. Recipient of twinking stuff.

Ruil Elrad, Me/N, level 14, retired in Lions Arch and main sponsor of Harovan. Will die horribly as soon as I need the slot for a PvP character and hence, doesn't count anymore.

Comment

• I have a warrior, an ele and a necro, all complete. However it would have to be a special event to make me come out of PvE retirement.......it's mainly PvP and GvG for me now. Broke into the top 10 guilds on ladder yesterday, woohoo.

Comment

• Code:
                                [B]
                                Player		| Character           	Class 	Server [/B]

Kassiopeia	| Antti Thesis   	Mo/Me	Europe
                                		| Artesia Nwell 	E/?  
                                		| Piippolan Vaari 	W/Mo   
                                		| Hammu Numbermancer 	N/R
                                Jamski		| Jamskianna Mu 	W/R
                                Asher		| Killian Dao 		N/E
                                DrSpike		| Alf the Axe 		W/Mo
                                		| Yue Ying Tang		?/?
                                		| Man Tuo Luo		?/?
                                		| Ellie the Mentalis	?/?
                                snoopy369	| Magrat Garlick 	Mo/E	America
                                		| Angua von Uberwald 	R/N