No announcement yet.

Guild Wars 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treat warriors as dumbasses by default.

I saw quite something in pvp today, a monk casting Mending on a W/Mo before the battle began. I paused and blinked when I saw that, and nearly logged out.
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• I'm curious where in the game are you, Spiffor?

There are terrific, good, so-so, and lousy groups, it varies. And yeah Kassiopeia's right but there are occasional smart warrior.
      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kassiopeia
        I saw quite something in pvp today, a monk casting Mending on a W/Mo before the battle began. I paused and blinked when I saw that, and nearly logged out.

Well, maybe I shouldn't laugh like that actually. My monk almost always uses an enchantment that costs 1 Energy Regeneration point. Divine Boon + a good attribute in Divine Favour makes for wootly healing spells (+150 Health for 5 energy points). But it does have its cost in mana regen
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Originally posted by Barinthus
          I'm curious where in the game are you, Spiffor?
          On French servers. I avoid international servers to make sure that I won't encounter you guys (Seriously, I know that if I become involved in 'Poly Guild Wars, I will be doomed to waste my whole time on GW. Bad)
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

• I generally found the foreign language PUGS to be of higher quality than the Euro English ones. They were also all very accomodating of my limited vocabulary, although I didnt stand a chance in voice chat
            Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiffor

Well, maybe I shouldn't laugh like that actually. My monk almost always uses an enchantment that costs 1 Energy Regeneration point. Divine Boon + a good attribute in Divine Favour makes for wootly healing spells (+150 Health for 5 energy points). But it does have its cost in mana regen
              Divine boon is fine. Many in fact enchantments that cost energy are fine.

Mending, as covered earlier in this thread, is NOT fine.
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I have a level 14 ranger in Lion's Arch, who's just training his new pet. Is that about where you are, Spiffor?

Comment

• Divine Boon is very good, particularly for a prot monk to get that extra edge to healing, although with the big heals there's a danger of overhealing and wasting energy, or, if you are too careful of overhealing, there's the danger of underhealing and having people die.

But a Monk in PvP casting Mending on a W/Mo? WTF?!
                  Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Ralph
                    I have a level 14 ranger in Lion's Arch, who's just training his new pet. Is that about where you are, Spiffor?
                    Yeah. In Lion's Arch, I still have frigging Galrath to do. The Black Curtain is a really evil area

Comment

• Galrath is fun with a competent group. And yes, Black Curtain is evil, but you also need it to get to the Temple of the Ages, which you'll need later. I got there with my level 17 or 18 elementalist and henchmen only, and we arrived at the temple with 60% death penalty not only on me, but most likely on every henchman too. In the end it took a run from the rez platform for every mob, I killed one, got pwnd by his friends, rezed and rinse, repeat. But I had the legs to fight it to the end.

By the way I lied to you, not my ranger, but my mesmer is in Lions Arch. My ranger, whom I play more right now, will get there probably today.

Comment

• Same here, I got to the Temple with Henchmen. We had 15 to 30% penalty. As a monk, I hate penalties with a passion.

Comment

• Spiffor - that was what I was wondering - where are you in the game as in Lion's Arch.

I won't mind helping you out with Galarath - I've helped others do that particular mission. It ticks me off although when I offer to help out players and they wind up not listening to my advice or even orders.

Spoiler:
                          I finished that Glint the Dragon's mission and capped my elite skills. Bonus is one huge pain!
                          Last edited by Barinthus; October 6, 2005, 17:09.
                          Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• Spoiler:
                            The Glint bonus is fun if you prepare for it. When I did Glint the first time, I was on Teamspeak with a couple of friends and when we got the main quest finished, one of them decided to go to the eggs and have a look. The cogs start turning in my head - how does a dragon react when you screw around with its eggs? - and just before my friend clicked on an egg, I screamed on TS "Don't touch them!"

*BONUS: Defeat Glint.

Then we got pwned. I would have crawled through the wire and strangled said friend had we not finished the mission anyhow despite dying.

Comment

• Spoiler:
                              the first time we came across Glint, we decided to try to kill her so we set up a plan and everything. We told this one noob to grab an egg and drop it. Know what he did? He ran into the portal.

IIRC this is one if not the only (since this is the farthest I've gone into the game) mission that the bonus is available after you've done the mission
                              Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• I have understood why warriors are dumbasses. I have played solo with a warrior through all of pre-Searing Ascalon. And it's so fricking EASY! When you're a warrior, you don't feel invincible; you are invincible.

No wonder that people get used to throw themselves in the melee without thinking. I did this in all of pre-searing Ascalon (without any support but Gwen's), and I died maybe two times.

When I tried with a ranger, OTOH, I died like crazy

Comment

Working...
                                X