No announcement yet.

Guild Wars 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skanky, why did you post a picture of a fridge in the woods?

Any one trick pony, of whatever build, will not do you any favours in PvP. You have to have something special up your sleeve or else you'll be repeatedly pwned. Also, once you've done something special you can milk it for all it's worth, because they will always be expecting something weird, and you can buy some time to do what you want.

Doc, your girlfriend is also hot. Don't overdo the PvP.

Comment

• What's so extreme about PvP Extreme? And what's the difference to PvP "normal"?

Comment

• You get ****loads of faction points for kills and winning.
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• It makes Spike's girlfriend EXTREMEly annoyed, as opposed to just normally annoyed.

Hmmm. Saturday night in Yurp, and there's nobody else on Folderol. I suppose that's because they're all playing Guild Wars instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Ralph
            What's so extreme about PvP Extreme? And what's the difference to PvP "normal"?
            It's X-treme!

Comment

• Originally posted by duke o' york
              Skanky, why did you post a picture of a fridge in the woods?
              Whats white, rectangular, and sits in the forest?

A fridge!
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Today I won then held Hall of Heroes for a further 7 times with my guild.

Hit the 10k faction limit after the first win, then wasted about 5k faction.

Still, the run got around 200 fame!

Comment

• Treachery!
                  Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Why?

Comment

• I want favour Actually not, Fissure runs are exhausting and I don't want to pay myself blind over armour. (Not to say keeping yourself alive for a good 15 minutes of pounding isn't either)

Oh and Yankess slag us and claim we're noobs since we never have favour it's because all the awesome players are in America, despite their country of origin. So the Euros who don't change get shafted.

Comment

• First off, thanks for calling me awesome.

Second, I feel the need to give you (and Jam as well, as he was whinging at me in game each time we held HoH) some perspective on this.

I played PvE through 3 times, and played some PvP and quite a bit of GvG before I switched to America. Basically the only thing I had left to do in the game was FoW/UW, and as you say, Europe never get favour, so due to the bad game mechanics this content was not accessible to me.

So yeah, I switched to America. Yes, this means when I get favour I win it for America. I don't like this, but the rules of the game dictate that is the way it will be. If the favour rules change I'll be right back in Europe.

It's just not logical to argue that good guilds should stay in Europe - I don't want to have to win HoH myself every time I want to go to FoW/UW, even if I could win with that regularity. It's wrong for exactly the same reason that the "If you want favour just get good and take it yourself" Americans are wrong.

The only solution is to split all guilds into 3 gods so that favour is random. Or, better yet, don't restrict access at all except to make it available to people who have finished the whole game with one or more characters. That's how I'd do it.

Doc

Comment

• Originally posted by Kassiopeia
                          Treachery!
                          QFT!

Who cares about FOW/UW - its all about doing it for EUROPE!

Also Europe does get favor basically daily. Korea seem to be getting shafted atm.
                          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• I care. So, I moved.

Comment

• I played in Team Arenas and whilst being rather dead, some fellas, apparently Americans, started talking about how Euros are all newbies. Then I started to raise the good ole European spirit:

*hums the Ode to Joy*

*hoists the EU flag*

*subsidizes agriculture*

*places the EU Parliament in two different cities in two different countries for no good reason*
                              It didn't work though, got hosed I really have a habit of dying. That's why I never use rez anymore, anywhere, except FOW where I bring Rebirth. My tactic is nowadays just "stand, cast energy management, cast prots, pray that the enemies are kylled by your teammates before it's too late". Usually works fine. Anyone who can rip away enchants or good amounts of energy will hose me, of course, but it's über against your run-of-the-mill clueless W/Mo. Three of them.

Originally posted by DrSpike
                              First off, thanks for calling me awesome.
                              *nods* To me, playing in a team winning HOH is definitely awesome. They're the GW player demigods. Give me observation mode or give me death! I have yet to do anything of note in Tombs since my guild has done GvG mostly. We made top 1000 today (barely, mind you) so I think we can beat down the random PUGs that usually show up in the first few stages.

I played PvE through 3 times, and played some PvP and quite a bit of GvG before I switched to America. Basically the only thing I had left to do in the game was FoW/UW, and as you say, Europe never get favour, so due to the bad game mechanics this content was not accessible to me.

So yeah, I switched to America. Yes, this means when I get favour I win it for America. I don't like this, but the rules of the game dictate that is the way it will be. If the favour rules change I'll be right back in Europe.

It's just not logical to argue that good guilds should stay in Europe - I don't want to have to win HoH myself every time I want to go to FoW/UW, even if I could win with that regularity. It's wrong for exactly the same reason that the "If you want favour just get good and take it yourself" Americans are wrong.

The only solution is to split all guilds into 3 gods so that favour is random. Or, better yet, don't restrict access at all except to make it available to people who have finished the whole game with one or more characters. That's how I'd do it.
                              *nods* I find the favour system utterly craptastic, and I agree with you.

Comment

• My guild, NpZ, rank 995.

Comment

Working...
                                X