Name The Game - Part 11:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• still not a clue on this one i'm afraid

Still if no one gets it before you give us the answer - then please give us a link so we can find out more about this game, its sounds very interesting(more so as we dont seem to know it!) Then you can have another go and hopefuly we will be able to guess it
    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

• Stumped too.

Comment

• The game in question is War, Inc.

War Inc. is a real time strategy game, featuring tech research for components used to build your own combat units. Set in the future where private security forces have evolved into a corporate world police force, you run the company 'Granite'; one of...

Much of War Inc.'s potential goes unfulfilled because the real-time combat doesn't measure up.

I also found a good description and more at a well known site which I am apparently not allowed to link to here.

It does not get very good reviews, but I had fun with it. I think the research and unit design system is brilliant (with tradeoffs such as armour type and thickness vs speed vs engine size vs chassis space), and you really have to work at it to have a battle-worthy force, at least initially. Unlike many other games where you get to keep your assets between missions, you don't seem to have a constant overflow of resources.

That said, the game gets far too easy once you get helicopter gunships, the AI is far from great, and it is all a bit outdated by today's standards.

Comment

• And now for something completely different...

1. Amiga platform game, early 90s

Comment

• Shadow of the Beast!
            I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

• Gods

Comment

• Harlequin

Comment

• 2. The main character runs (and jumps) around collecting spinning gold coins.

Comment

• Zorro
                    Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                    And notifying the next of kin
                    Once again...

Comment

• Aha! It's one of the spate of Sonic rip-offs then.

Comment

• That narrows it down to about 17 games. May as well wait for more clues.

Comment

• 3. Levels include a forest, a medieval castle, Egypt, icy caves and a space station.

Comment

• Commander Keen?
                            Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                            And notifying the next of kin
                            Once again...

Comment

• The levels sound like Rick Dangerous II, but the cash collecting doesn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tau Ceti
                                2. The main character runs (and jumps) around collecting spinning gold coins.
                                4 ... and bottles of Lucozade.

Comment

Working...
                                X