X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FF VI to VIII

IX

X what's that? is it a movie or a game?
    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit

X what's that?
      Final Fantasy X is what you get if you download the "Hot Wine" mod to FF IX...

Carolus

Comment

duh?
        I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Just a (lame) joke...

Carolus

Comment

Final Fantasy Tactics was the best FF game evar!
            Monkey!!!

Comment

# 002 // Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
              I'd actually be inclined to agree with that placing! A VERY good game! Nicely polished and some great atmospheric and intense moments! The only things I didn't like was the water temple thing and "hey listen!" still makes me twitch...

While this sort of top 100 is an apples and oranges thing I did find some omissions odd...

Warcraft 3. In particular what made this game special was the modding, in terms of Mods Warcraft 3 is to RTS as Halflife is to FPS. Also the pro-gaming scene is very strong. Starcraft made it very near the top at #7 and in nearly all ways WC3 is better, if HL and HL2 are both be in, I don't see why SC and WC3 aren't. (and WC3 is definitely a far more evolved game than SC than a HL2 vs HL comparison)
              Altough possibly WC3 (& Battle.net) got reclassified from Video game to Addictive Substance as it's probably the most addictive game I've ever played and I've played a lot of addictive games...

The Sims (2?). While the game may be mildly retarded and made by EA it is really, really popular and definitely by far the most popular of its genre (people simulator). Altough I can also see why it didn't make it, The Sims 1 lacked polish something awful and then a whole lot of incremental improvements were made via a trillion expansions that appear to be more about making money for EA than adding actual, real content - not exactly 'epic' and the marketing is rather dirty from a gaming purists perspective. The Sims 2 is actually quite polished in comparison to TS1 and is a much better game, I think it does deserve to be in top 100 if only due to uniqueness.

Comment

I don't recall there being many (if any) old Sierra adventure games.

At the very least, one of the Gabriel Knight games should have made it on the list.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

I don't recall there being many (if any) old Sierra adventure games.

urrrr.... police quest?
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Did that make the list? I must have missed it.

Comment

It's not in the same league as GK2 anyway.

Comment

I'd go with Quest For Glory 2 and any of the GKs to represent Sierra adventures properly.

At least LucasArts adventures got adequate recognition.

Comment

GK Rennes-le-Chateux? What was it

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Which is more than happens in some lists.

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
                                GK Rennes-le-Chateux? What was it
                                GK3: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned

Years before The DaVinci Code...

Comment

Working...
                                X