Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I too am for unification of the two lines. Frankly the situation is confusing right now.

Please understand I always try to enforce the rules, in this game and in any other. Never have I had my personal gain as the motive for my actions. This I prove by offering to always substitute for you. After all, this is only a game and it is fun while it runs.

Comment

• I didn't set my own word precisely because I knew you'd start whining, Spike. Recall that I correctly guessed the replacement word the last time someone (shock of shocks, that someone was you!) held up the game, but did not award myself the point.

The bottom line is you have gone over the 24-hour limit on multiple occasions, so cut the sanctimonious crap. If you miss the deadline in a forum game, there are consequences. Hangman should be no different.
      ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Hangman 21 become Debateman 1...
        Attached Files
        Gurka 17, People of the Valley
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

• I'm still waiting on a second letter for my word...

I bet Spike's word is Wight, but it's no longer an active word so who cares
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• D
            ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• I agree with Joncha. The rules are the rules and should be enforced. Just letting everyone know you'll be away isn't enough. Hangman moves quickly and needs to be kept moving. If you go over the timelimit, someone is allowed to start a new word, and that word becomes official. Snoopy did, and hence his word is official.

The law not always being enforced is no excuse to try to claim that the reverse should happen.

Spikie: I already guessed Might earlier, so the update should have happened including that.
              Smile
              For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
              But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

• D O _ E _

5 letters, 3 guesses remaining.

Guessed: RUST AI DB

Drogue, your guess was following a letter that was with <2 letters left, so based on my understanding of the final agreement, that word guess was invalid. Not that it matters.

Oh, and I didn't start a new word. I guessed Ljube's.

Comment

• Dozen

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
                    Drogue, your guess was following a letter that was with <2 letters left, so based on my understanding of the final agreement, that word guess was invalid. Not that it matters.
                    Nope. As the rules state, you may make a word guess at any time, and it counts, unless you've made a letter guess the same turn.
                    Smile

Comment

• Dozer
                      Smile

Comment

• Shame there is no rule against posting word guesses that contain letters already eliminated.

Comment

• No such rule against posting letter guesses that were already eliminated either. Still nobody counts them.

Word guesses that are impossible for the reason of containing at least one of the letters already eliminated should not be counted.

Comment

• It doesn't say that in the rules as far as I remember. Since we always follow the rules exactly Snoopy must count Drogue's guess if it is still relevant after mine has been dealt with.

Comment

• I'm fairly sure we changed the rules in the previous thread, but Joncha failed to update them, to say that an update MUST occur at any time that it is required to, before the next guess (word/letter) is made. Or something like that. Honestly I don't agree with that rule either ...

(Burnitz just took away a homerun from Pujols with a dang impressive jump over the wall ... )

Anyway, I'm not going to count Drogue's, because I'm nice and he's not paying attention, and I think the word guess invalidates the next one. You can sue me if you want. I don't care, it's my point i'm giving up (well, you should guess it IMO either way. Drogue should self-censor himself from guessing, because he really wasn't paying attention, but it's not mandatory).

D O _ E _

5 letters, 2 guesses remaining.

Guessed: RUST AI DB DOZEN (DrSpike)

Comment

• DOWEL

Comment

Working...
                                X