No announcement yet.

Jade Umpire!!!!11!!!!!!!!!1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, that's who that is?! I thought I recognized that biritsh guy's voice!

Right now I'm am LOVING K O T O R I I!!

The fighting is really fun and challenging, nad hte story has me guessing about a million things right now.
    Plus they have introduced Prestige classes Jedi Watchmen, Master, and I think GUardian.

I chose watchmen, but I really wanted to try being Master.

Force powers, and feats are about the same which is good. The game has a differnet focus which is much better.

This gmae stresses the effects of your actions.

I also like how you can break down, and create items from other items. Overall, a lot better than KOTOR 1. I'm not with it yet though.

I must say htough that Jade EMpire does rise above it with the Chinese mythology. That was a real treat to read, but once again JE stops short of itself, and so far KOTOR 2 hasn't.
    Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
    Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

So basically Jade Empire is not worth buying? Its a rental?
      Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

I'd say JE was worth buying. I don't regret the purchase at all. It has some very good strengths that lead some to claim it to be the best Bioware game ever, and they may be right.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Its worth playing all the way through. I'd say though, that it's not worth the fifty dollar price that msot new games have. I got it as a gift, and it was quite wonderful indeed.

As to being the best Bioware game ever. No.

It is very good. but I'd have to say that KOTOR2 so far has outdone it, but that is really hinging on how it ends.

Again JE impaled itself upon itself by feeling like it was too rushed in the development process, and thus was obviously missing some rather important elements, and was much shorter in terms of amount of gameplay.

JE is a great game but not the best that Bioware has produced.
          Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
          Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Originally posted by bipolarbear
            Its worth playing all the way through. I'd say though, that it's not worth the fifty dollar price that msot new games have. I got it as a gift, and it was quite wonderful indeed.

As to being the best Bioware game ever. No.

It is very good. but I'd have to say that KOTOR2 so far has outdone it, but that is really hinging on how it ends.

Again JE impaled itself upon itself by feeling like it was too rushed in the development process, and thus was obviously missing some rather important elements, and was much shorter in terms of amount of gameplay.

JE is a great game but not the best that Bioware has produced.

I'm sorry but the ending in KotOR II is probably one of the worse Bioware has ever made.

Comment

But if JE is 20 hours or so long, its not worth buying. Like Fable wasn't worth buying.
              Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Well....Fable didn't live up to the hype that everyone thought it would...it was more constricting than everyone thought. Even Peter Molyneux (the creator of Fable) apologized for saying more about the game then he should have. Something about him being really excited about the games he makes and he tends to say stuff that he wants in the game that might not make it.

Nevertheless, I liked Fable. You can do a lot in that game that you can't in other action RPG's. True, I wanted a heck of a lot more and I believe if they worked on the game for a little longer it would have rocked. But, the game was good IMHO.

You can stick the middle finger at people then laugh at them as they say "That's disgusting". Or do the 'pelvic thrust' to hot girls...

How come you didn't like Fable, nostromo?
                Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                *****Citizen of the Hive****
                "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Make no mistake, it was a lot of fun. If it wasn't worth buying, its because it was far too short. I should have rented it instead.

Comment

You're right though, it is pretty short even after you try do most of the sidequests.

But rent? That's your excuse for everything.
                    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                    *****Citizen of the Hive****
                    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

You never rent games? Its a great way to find out if you like a game or not. And its also a great way to play a game thats fun, but not worth buying, a game like Fable for example.

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo
                        But if JE is 20 hours or so long, its not worth buying. Like Fable wasn't worth buying.
                        Most console games are 20 hours or so. They are still worth buying. I like to reward the creators of innovative games with my cash, rather than rewarding Blockbuster . Besides, renting is annoying... which is why I have Netflix for movies now.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Most console games are 20 hours or so. They are still worth buying. I like to reward the creators of innovative games with my cash, rather than rewarding Blockbuster . Besides, renting is annoying... which is why I have Netflix for movies now.
                          That's because you have money to burn. I try not buy short games, even if they are great. Games are expensive and I expect to have my money's worth. That's why I didn't buy Jade Empire.

I wonder if Netflix works in Canada. Probably not.

Comment

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

For those of you who've been through it at least aq couple of times already, which are your favourite techniques? Is it worth saving your level-up skill points to use on techniques that you'll only get later in the game, or do you need them straight off to give yourself a half-decent chance?
                                I like the horse demon technique, because you only need to have it for a second or so, and it will cure all status effects you may be suffering. Then back to another technique for the rest of the fight.

Comment

Working...
                                X