This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drogue
    Vovan: I've just noticed that both Snoopy and myself should have 1 WC less. On turn 3 we both had 7, then we both did A(A+1) yet remained on 7 for turn 4, when we should have both been on 6. Then Snoopy used one last turn to leave 5.
    You are right. The post up there says it was late at night, so I suppose it was. Sorry. Fixed. Thanks for the heads up.

I am now processing orders just as they come in, btw, so hopefully that will be less work to do at a time, and so I won't screw it up, and plus if there is a problem with the orders, I will be able to give feedback sooner.
    XBox Live: VovanSim
    xbox.com (login required)
    Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
    Spore page

Comment

• Nice to know I'm not the only one that did that. But your frequency seems to be less so far.

Hope I don't hit Snoop on my next turn.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I'm really regretting taking a sway car now Looking ahead to the sandtrap and pits, it'll be hellish trying to accelerate back up to speed, and the banked turns mean they can be done almost as fast without needing a second turn in a move.
        Smile
        For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
        But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

• I agree, I would have taken a sway bar car also, untill I saw the track. The banked turns takes away most of the need to have a sway bar car.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Vovan: I was wondering why Ram needs the R+1. Surely the first R moves him onto his second bank in a row, so he turns again without the wildcard being used, as he and Tuberski start on a b.

Similarly, surely with those orders for Tuberski he won't hit the oil, as he'll hit two banked curves (the one he started on and the one NE of it) and his car will turn E, like so:

Code:
                          bbO********
            	     RMMMMMMMM*
                        A*****6*****
                       b**
            Smile

Comment

Vovan: I was wondering why Ram needs the R+1. Surely the first R moves him onto his second bank in a row, so he turns again without the wildcard being used, as he and Tuberski start on a b.

Similarly, surely with those orders for Tuberski he won't hit the oil, as he'll hit two banked curves (the one he started on and the one NE of it) and his car will turn E, like so:

Code:
                            bbO********
              	     RMMMMMMMM*
                          A*****6*****
                         b**
              I guess I didn't make it clear in the rules. The way I intended it to be was that you are considered hitting a banked curve when you *move onto* it. Therefore, when you start on a banked curve, it doesn't count - it counted when you ended up on it the previous turn.
              XBox Live: VovanSim
              xbox.com (login required)
              Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
              Spore page

Comment

• I think I've got the banked curves figured out......... but I doubt it.

sent.

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Originally posted by vovan
                  I guess I didn't make it clear in the rules. The way I intended it to be was that you are considered hitting a banked curve when you *move onto* it. Therefore, when you start on a banked curve, it doesn't count - it counted when you ended up on it the previous turn.
                  Ahh, okies Thanks for the clarification.
                  Smile

Comment

• That makes sense to me, vovan - ie, the (b) counts only on the turn you move on it, just as if you were on an oil slick on the end of a turn, you don't get affected by it (nor do you get double-affected by sand if you end on sand) ...

I still think sway will be useful, because of the sand - two lane changes instead of one - but i guess it depends on how 'nice' vovan's sand is.
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I was hopeful I didn't need the second R on my turn, but it makes sense to me that it all needs to happen in one turn to get the bonus.

Comment

• Remember the sand changes position every turn, so you can't dodge it like before, unless you're a way behind the leaders

That's one thing I would have kept the same - keep the sand in the same position so it's possible to dodge it.
                        Smile

Comment

• Turn 6 orders sent along with provisional orders for Turn 7.

/me
                          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Remember the sand changes position every turn, so you can't dodge it like before, unless you're a way behind the leaders

That's one thing I would have kept the same - keep the sand in the same position so it's possible to dodge it.
                            I'm counting on Kassi to find it for me.
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I'm counting on you not hitting me this turn
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• sand moves every turn or every lap???

Comment

Working...
                                X