X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waiting on Tuberski then?
    Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Indeed
      XBox Live: VovanSim
      xbox.com (login required)
      Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
      Spore page

Comment

Update without him.

In other news, today I played golf on an actual course for the first time ever. It's quite enjoyable, actually... not just "a good walk ruined."

Comment

Congrats. And I can remember submitting a few updates for Tuber myself.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

If he was on the straight heading East, I would, but I'd rather not make the turn for him. We'll give him a little more time.
            Spore page

Comment

It is a bit much that everyone else has their orders in within 24 hours, and we wait over 2 days for his. I do see the need for waiting for his orders though, it's just a little frustrating.

Maybe you could ask for default orders from people in case they're unavailable, especially if some people start to be consistently slow?
              Smile

Comment

I don't see how anyone could send in "default" orders in Nascar as the orders change depending on where you are on the track.

Though a pain for the GM, I would hope that the GM (vovan in this case) sends a PM to any laggards (Tuberski in this case) so that they realize they are holding up the game if they don't regularly check this thread (though I think we should all be keeping an eye on this thread to keep from being that laggard ).

On that note, I am going to be away from tomorrow (Thursday) until Monday, but I should have intermittent access between those times, so I don't anticipate holding up the game.

/me
                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

By default orders I mean a turn or two ahead. So for instance if when Tuber gets here he sends 2 turns orders, if he's late next time (ie. afer 24 hours or so) Vovan can use the orders he gave for this turn. Many people already send in orders for later turns, presuming they don't crash, and if someone is repeatedly slow it may be a way to keep the game moving, as it means they need to check the thread less.
                  Smile

Comment

ah........ok then.........works for me!
                    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Sorry gentlemen.

sent.

ACK!
                      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drogue
                        By default orders I mean a turn or two ahead. So for instance if when Tuber gets here he sends 2 turns orders, if he's late next time (ie. afer 24 hours or so) Vovan can use the orders he gave for this turn. Many people already send in orders for later turns, presuming they don't crash, and if someone is repeatedly slow it may be a way to keep the game moving, as it means they need to check the thread less.
                        I actually do exactly that.

I will try to look as far ahead as is possible over the next 2 weeks, as I will be gone starting early friday morning.
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Turn 5

Tuberski, looks like you were using the banked curve, so the extra R in your order happens automagically, and doesn't actually use up a move. I therefore replaced it with an extra M on the end to match your new speed.

Code:

bbO********7*43****1*********
                          	     b*****5********98**************
                                      b*****6***********2**************
                                     b**    	       	           ***
                          	   b**          	     	   ***
                          	   b**          	      	   ***
                          	    ***                            === s
                          	     ***        	           ... a
                          	      ***       	           ... n
                          	       ***      	       	   ... d
                          	        ***     	  	   ... t
                          	        ****   	  	   	   ... r
                          	        *****  	  	   	   ... a
                          	        ** *** 	  	   	   ... p
                                          **   *O*  	   	   ... a
                          	        ##   ****      	       	   ... l
                          	        **  ****** 	   	   ... l
                          	        ** ******** 	   	   ... e
                          	        ** *********	   	   === y
                          	        PP ========= s/f       	 ***
                                          ** **O******	        ***
                          	       	## *********   	   ***
                          		       b*****b
                          			b***b
                          			 bbb

CAR   DRIVER           DIRECTION  SPEED  WC    MAX  CUST  ORDERS
                          ***   *************       ***      ***   **     **  ****  **********
                           1.   Kassiopeia           E   	    12	  8    	12  turb  12M
                           2.   Spaced Cowboy 	   E 	    11	  7    	11  turb  (11M)
                           3.   rah		   E	    10 	  8    	10  turb  M10
                           4.   snoopy369		   E 	    11	  5    	11  sway  A(A+1)RM10
                           5.   gjramsey 		   E 	    7	 12    	10  perf  AR(R+1)(M5)
                           6.   Tuberski 		   SE	    5	  8    	8   turb  ARMMMMMMMM
                           7.   Sparrowhawk 	   E 	    9	  6    	11  sway  AR(M8)
                           8.   Drogue 		   E 	    12	  6    	12  sway  (12M)
                           9.   Jonny 		   E 	    10	  7    	10  turb  (m10)
                          During this turn, Kassiopeia extends his lead. Ramsey and Tuberski come out of their crash, with Tuberski going on the outside of the curve, hitting the banked asphalt to help him turn, and running straight into the oil on the turn exit. His car gets turned to the right once more, and he runs off on the inside of the track. Note that I applied the originally intended -6 -4 penalty here, but it seemed a little too harsh, and I lowered it to -4 -3, which I think should be ok with people. If you think the original penalty would have been better, tell me, it's not too late to change that.

The rest of the drivers are driving really close just behind Kassiopeia.

Orders for turn 6 are now accepted.
                          Last edited by vovan; June 23, 2005, 08:38.
                          Spore page

Comment

• 12M
                            (11M)
                            M10
                            (12M)
                            (m10)
                            I love it how there are so many different notations for what is essentially "straight ahead" Brackets, no brackets, M first, M last...

Edit: Also, sent.
                            Last edited by Kassiopeia; June 23, 2005, 04:44.
                            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• orders submitted

Comment

• Sent.

Vovan: I've just noticed that both Snoopy and myself should have 1 WC less. On turn 3 we both had 7, then we both did A(A+1) yet remained on 7 for turn 4, when we should have both been on 6. Then Snoopy used one last turn to leave 5.
                                Smile

Comment

Working...
                                X