No announcement yet.

Guild Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because we're too split up, and there aren't enough of us in any one country.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• We could form an Apolyton PvP team though in the international district
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Hm, I looked into the headset issue, appears it's a "Logitech Internet Chat" headset that's worth 40 euros alone in Finnish stores (no doubt it's way, way cheaper abroad). That'd mean we'd get a 44 euro game and a 40 euro headset for 63 euros (+ postage). Plus all the other CE trinkets.

/me is intrigued

Probably not a HUGE piece of crap, I guess. Plus three months of Teamspeak will keep us covered for a while, and I've already scouted us a free programme (Speak Freely) just in case and after those three months end and we are still playing.
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Well if you join a guild, they might already have a TS server. Personally I wouldn't touch TS. I play late at night and don't have the privacy to mutter into a microphone Perhaps one day.
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

• Oh, I have ALL the privacy, no matter what time of day

Besides, I have a tendency to speak to myself, now I'd have a good excuse for it if someone hears me. "Oh, I'm just playing... yeah, that's right..."

Plus you can use a mic to give speech commands with a programme I heard of. You could use that to give commands in German in Silent Hunter III, f'rinstance. OMGWTFBBQ. Torpedo los!
            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• I doubt my dial-up would handle any kind of voice program in addition to the game itself.
              One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• I couldn't use TS just for the fact, that my English pronouncation is awful.

Comment

• That'd be one way to improve it

Comment

• You cannot play PvP seriously without Teamspeak or something similar.

Comment

• Yeah. And it seems Teamspeak is free for non-commercial use, I wonder WTF the Collector's Box is said to have "three months of Teamspeak subscription" or crap like that.

Comment

• I've been using TS on listen only. As a monk I don't really have anything to say anyway.

Comment

• Does it work ok over 256k DSL?
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• I think teamspeak itself is free for use, but the server space is what you would pay for.

The logitech headset sells for around $30-$40 in the US I think. It's decent as I said... I haven't used Teamspeak yet, but I should probably register.

And PvP in the Int'l district would be w00tly. Are there decent players to play against (and/or are you able to play PvP across districts, which makes some sense I guess since you have to be able to beat the Koreans at some point )
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
                              I think teamspeak itself is free for use, but the server space is what you would pay for.
                              Nope, if you have less than 100 clients on your server, they won't become interested and start asking for money. At least that's how I read their FAQ.

Comment

• I'm up for some international PvP if anyone is serious about it. Bear in mind I am a little competitive though.

Comment

Working...
                                X